40x stock on remmy 700?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
kyyotestalker
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

40x stock on remmy 700?

Post by kyyotestalker »

i have been looking for a new stock for my remmy 700 204 ruger! going to use it as a paper puncher during the winter and a groundhog rifle during the summer and am done with the factory composite stocks that are way over priced and just dont have the feel (if you get what i mean)! on numrich website i found a 40xb standard barrel wood stock at a very cheap price! on several sites i have seen remington 700 actions in 40x stocks and vise versa but i have never been able to find out how to make them fit? i need to know what i need to alter or get to make my remington 700 sps varmint work with the 40xb stock!
Where did that hit? I dont know aim alittle higher!
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Re: 40x stock on remmy 700?

Post by Wrangler John »

Unless it's a 40-X stock for the magazine version, it will become a single shot without a good deal of inletting to make it an ADL and more to attach the bottom metal for a BDL. I use Richards Micro Fit thumbhole stocks for Remington 700 these days, ordering them with a bit extra wood on the comb and sculpt them to fit my eye alignment with the scope. When pillar bedded with a kit and tools from Hi Score Gunsmithing, I come out with a very accurate rifle. Otherwise, the action should fit as it is without the magazine.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: 40x stock on remmy 700?

Post by acloco »

About the only thing you need to do...bed the action to the stock.

I have a 40X repeater stock...spare. Needs refinished, but a nice stock. Email me if you want it.

acloco@yahoo.com ACLOCO@YAHOO.COM