Where are all the Tikka's in 204 Ruger.

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Hawkeye Joe

Where are all the Tikka's in 204 Ruger.

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I recently purchased my first Tikka T3 in the .223 Tactical package. This is the smoothest, tightest rifle I own. It has NO flaws. 100% PERFECT. It doesn't care what powder charge,primer and bullet combination you feed it. You can expect low .3 five shot groups at 100 yards. I have NEVER seen this before with so many different load combinations. Maybe the 2lb 50 BMG looking muzzle brake on a 20 inch barrel is to blame this abnormal behavior... Now that I'm sold on the T3, I tried to order a Stainless Super Varmint in 204 Ruger. Placed the order and all was good until I got the call saying "Not available in the USA". Is this why I don't see anybody shooting a Tikka in 204 Ruger. Beretta will be getting a call to see if I can get some answers. I need that .204 Stainless Super Varmint to fill the void for a 3 position match rifle. I love the versatility to remove or add Butt spacers for proper eye relief. A comfortable shooter is a accurate shooter.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: Where are all the Tikka's in 204 Ruger.

Post by Ray P »

:huh: Hawkeye Joe.............Always a hitch when you find something you like. I wish you luck and hope you find one. There was a comment on this site that Ruger doesn't make there No.1 in the varmint series anymore. Not enough demand?? Go figure!
Well I hope your enjoying your summer.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
IKE
.204 Ruger Guns: .204; Kimber Pro Varmint

Post by IKE »

Mike;
I bought a Tikka 3 Hunter in .223 with an 8 twist a little over a year ago. It shot so well that I decided that I would trade my Ruger Hawkeye .204 on a Tikka .204. That is when I found out that Beretta had stopped importing the .204 into the United States. I wound up trading the Ruger for a Kimber Pro Varmint with which I am very pleased with . You are right when you say Tikka makes a very good affordable rifle.
IKE
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hawkeye: Of course Tikka's are sweet......they're made by SAKO! :D (The only company the Nazi's didn't take over when they invaded Finland in WWII...transferred ownership to the Red Cross and made sewing machines until the war was over....good move on their part.)

I guess I should hang onto my Sako M75 Varmint in 204 then, eh? Wonder what's up with the management in Finland, as the 204 is really a hottie here now, and I'm wondering why they won't import that caliber.......seems strange when there's an opportunity for money to be made. :chin: I'd buy a Tikka Lite in 204 myself if they become available (does a guy really "need" five 204's?...... ;) )
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Rick in Oregon wrote:does a guy really "need" five 204's
Only until he finds the sixth... :D
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Mike, you're no help at all! I'm trying to CURB this impulse, and you're fanning the flames! :eek:

I'm also asking myself why I "need" five 223's also, but it sure gives a guy choices when you open the safe in preparation for a bit of rat shooting. I keep telling myself that "variety is the spice of life"......and it appears I like spicy! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

I think those might be sold in Canada. If they are, the exchange rate, logistics and border hassles with a firearm might be prohibitive.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Rick in Oregon wrote:Mike, you're no help at all! I'm trying to CURB this impulse, and you're fanning the flames! :eek:
Rick: Ok, ok. Now I feel bad about being an enabler. To aid in your recovery, I'm going to step up to the plate and take that Montana Varminter off your hands. I promise to give her a very good home where she'll visit prairie dogs regularly and live out her life on a BR Pivot, as God intended.

Don't get all teary on me or tell a bunch of folks about my generosity. I don't want word to get out and have a whole bunch of other people take advantage of my kindness. :cry:
Griffy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25

Post by Griffy »

Hey, We have them in Canada in .204 for $1699.99. :wink: Same price as a Cooper M21 here. I was on the waiting list but passed for a Cooper.

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefron ... 15787.html
Mike

Post by Mike »

Griffy wrote:Hey, We have them in Canada in .204 for $1699.99. :wink: Same price as a Cooper M21 here. I was on the waiting list but passed for a Cooper.

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefron ... 15787.html
I'm sure the Tikka is a nice stick, but Cooper money? You made the right call, Griffy. :)
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Griffy.That's a Stainless varmint not a super varmint. Here's a Super Varmint
The price seems a little high. I got my T3 Tac with mounted Weaver V24 for $1499 back in May. I'm only about 10 miles from the border. I can just imagine what kind of hoops they would make me jump through. Not to mention the colonoscopy :shock: . Side by side with "my" Cooper, and any other I played with, the T3 Tac is SUPERB except for the eye candy. If the quality and craftsmanship is the same on the other T3 models. The T3 is my choice.

Hawkeye Joe (Mike)

Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Seems like I remember Scheels had a special order for the 204s a year or so ago.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
assailant
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 25 .204Ruger

Post by assailant »

Rick in Oregon wrote: I'd buy a Tikka Lite in 204 myself if they become available (does a guy really "need" five 204's?...... ;) )
what?!?!? i struggle to get a licence for a .17hmr and a .22lr :wall:
multiples of the same calibre is just a big no no, apparently.

the tikka t3 lite is available here in .204ruger for a tad over $1k.

the tikka t3 super varmint is close to $1800.

now theres a first, a rifle we can buy here that isnt available in the usofa!

http://www.cleaverfirearms.com/rifles_tikka.htm
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

assailant wrote:what?!?!? i struggle to get a licence for a .17hmr and a .22lr :wall:
multiples of the same calibre is just a big no no, apparently.
Laws such as that one are precisely the reason I left Canada....no handguns, silly meaningless laws that do nothing to prevent crime, only limit and hobble the law abiding citizen. I can only imagine the havoc some lunatic could do with not one but TWO .17 HMR's!
Oh, the horror! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Rick, I think you need a walkin stick. There's a couple of T3 lite's in 204 on gunbroker. One in stainless and one blue. $609 for the stainless. I wonder how rigid the plastic stock is on the Lite. It looks pretty wimpy. The one on my Tac is solid. Even with heavy sling pressure. That rifle alone added 15 points to my off-hand scores. Muzzle lift is nonexistent with the boat anchor on the end. She also took 1st place last week in our 200 yard 3 position match. I don't think the Super Varmint fever is going away any time soon :whistle: . Isn't the SV new to the T3 lineup? Maybe next year!
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)