Is there only TWO things to do in Minnesota?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Is there only TWO things to do in Minnesota?

Post by acloco »

Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Re: Is there only TWO things to do in Minnesota?

Post by Hotshot »

I was born in Fargo, but spent a lot of my youth in Minnesota. We were real poor but didn't know it. I used to get new overalls for Christmas every year. Mom would cut the pockets out of them, so I had something to wear and something to play with from the same gift.
kenbrofox
.204 Ruger Guns: remington vls 204

Post by kenbrofox »

Hotshot wrote:I was born in Fargo, but spent a lot of my youth in Minnesota. We were real poor but didn't know it. I used to get new overalls for Christmas every year. Mom would cut the pockets out of them, so I had something to wear and something to play with from the same gift.
Hotshot, That's really set me up for the day. I really did LOL. Thanks,ken.
' Pay it forward buddy '
IOWA204
.204 Ruger Guns: cooper, kimber, cz, dpms

Post by IOWA204 »

Minnesota is the state with only two seasons WINTER and ROAD CONSTRUCTION!
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Hotshot wrote:I was born in Fargo, but spent a lot of my youth in Minnesota. We were real poor but didn't know it. I used to get new overalls for Christmas every year. Mom would cut the pockets out of them, so I had something to wear and something to play with from the same gift.
That's awesome! I haven't heard that joke before, but I may borrow it in the future. ;)
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

acloco,
In what part of Minneapolis are you working/staying? I could make some suggestions on places you might like to check out in your free time.

Mentioned earlier, Gunstop is one of my favorite stores. That's in the western suburb of Minneapolis called Minnetonka. It's a bit tricky to get to. Call them for directions. Stay away from Mall Of America. It's just another mall. The Lego store there is actually pretty cool I guess. The Sportsman's Guide has a showroom over in St. Paul, but is better to shop their website and just have them pull your order for pickup.

As far as restaurants, if you like steak, Murray's downtown Minneapolis is expensive but worth one visit. I found the best steaks in Minneapolis are trucked in from Nebraska anyway, so that may not be a big deal to you. If you're working with a large group (6+) that might want to go out to dinner, I'd recommend Buca, although I haven't been there since they became a nation wide chain.

Let me know if there's anything else you might be interested in. I had actually planned on coming up there this weekend myself, but had a ladder slide out from under me yesterday and did something to my knee. Won't be walking til Tue-Wed I'd guess. Full moon is right around the corner, and the last hurrah for coyote season... How many guns did you bring with you?
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

IOWA204 wrote:Minnesota is the state with only two seasons WINTER and ROAD CONSTRUCTION!
Yea but in Minnesota we call the bullhead the Iowa Walleye.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

We grew up poor to but it taught us to share. My Brother would get a box of broken glass & I would get Band Aids & we had to share.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

See there Tom, you've got a bunch of good ideas and you could drink beer while doing most of them. Just don't play with the broken glass while trying my suggestion. Winter will be over in only 5 or 6 months.
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Since Minnesota is known as "The Land of 10,000 Lakes", it is a fairly popular vacation area visited by a lot of folks. Great fishing, water skiing, and other related outdoor activities.

Unfortunately, some folks have to drive through Nebraska to get there... If you have no other choice of routes, the 8 hour trip east/west across Nebraska can seem like it takes days to endure... Unless you are entertained by seeing just one hill and 40,000 fence posts...

God Bless Texas... :wink:

-BCB
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

Whoa, this could be good boys! We could have a discussion comparing the scenic beauty of driving across Nebraska( 1 hill and 40,000 fence posts) to the scenic beauty of driving across Texas(2 hills, 400,000 fence posts, couple of jack rabbits, and a few thousand empty Lone Star bottles in the ditches along the road. Let's saddle up and get on with this great adventure.
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Hotshot wrote:Whoa, this could be good boys! We could have a discussion comparing the scenic beauty of driving across Nebraska( 1 hill and 40,000 fence posts) to the scenic beauty of driving across Texas(2 hills, 400,000 fence posts, couple of jack rabbits, and a few thousand empty Lone Star bottles in the ditches along the road. Let's saddle up and get on with this great adventure.
LOL..!! You obviously haven't seen very much of Texas, yet you're sounding like such an expert about it.... I hope you're not a travel agent by vocation...

Come on down where I live and I'll take you out about 15 minutes from where I live and I'll lose you in a forest so thick you'll need a week to find your way out. It's called a sub tropical forest...

Then we'll go out west to the Chisos Mountains in the Big Bend and I'll let you climb around them for a week, http://images.google.com/images?q=chiso ... CBMQsAQwAA

we'll visit the Texas Hill country, http://www.texashillcountry.com/ Like some information at the link says, "When you live, work and play here, you will plan on retiring here because we have become the #1 retirement spot in the world."

the Piney Woods of East Texas, http://home.netcom.com/~wandaron/eatxroads.html

And then we'll work our way back to the Gulf coast for some surf fishing and open water boating. http://www.tourtexas.com/page.cfm?p=regions&RID=2

But before we get clear down to the beaches, I'll set you out on a bayou at the mouth of the Brazos in a pirogue.... http://southwestpaddler.com/docs/brazos8.html Just a little bitty one so you can really enjoy the gators. And I bet they'll enjoy you too.

In contrast, once you've toured the sand Hills, been to Scottsbluff, viewed several wheat and corn fields, you've seen most of what there is to see in Nebraska. Tourism isn't a big draw for folks in Nebraska.... And just for the record, I've been there many times... while going somewhere else....

I'm even fairly familiar with the mountains around Kalispell, Bozeman, and Missoula, where you live... Been there several times also, but always found a good reason not to stay......

Have a nice evening...
-BCB
Hotshot

Post by Hotshot »

You are right BCB, I've never been to Texas.
I almost got punched out by a couple Texicans at the Senior Pro Rodeo in Douglas, WY a couple years back. We had the same conversation going on. I told those boys I'd never been there, but I knew how to get there from here.
You just go south untill you smell it, then go east untill you step in it.
We ended up pulling the cork on a bottle of single barrel Jack and talking it over. They decided what I didn't know about Texas was made up for with my superior knowledge of sippin' whisky.
Hope we have the same end to our conversation some day.
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Come on down and we'll sip on a couple of Shiners and compare notes.

Texans might sound like we're proud of the state, but if you follow those links a bit, you'll see its a pretty diverse country with lots to see...

-BCB
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Bayou City Boy wrote:Since Minnesota is known as "The Land of 10,000 Lakes", it is a fairly popular vacation area visited by a lot of folks. Great fishing, water skiing, and other related outdoor activities.

Unfortunately, some folks have to drive through Nebraska to get there... If you have no other choice of routes, the 8 hour trip east/west across Nebraska can seem like it takes days to endure... Unless you are entertained by seeing just one hill and 40,000 fence posts...

God Bless Texas... :wink:

-BCB
BCB - that is the absolute truth. You made me laugh!!