Questions about Remington R-15 204. ruger

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
persistenceinc.
.204 Ruger Guns: howa 1500 204. ruger

Questions about Remington R-15 204. ruger

Post by persistenceinc. »

I am looking at buying a Remington R-15, but have some questions. If anyone can answer them I would greatly appreciate it.

1. I am currently having issues with my Howa 1500 shooting Hornady 40 grain V-max and would like to know what ammo the R-15 will shoot consistently.

2. Just replaced the trigger in my Howa (way to much creep in the stock one), how is the R-15 trigger or will I be changing it out as well?

3. Any problems with them jamming up?

4. Does anyone have any regrets after purchasing one? I will primarily be hunting coyotes with mine.

Thanks for any feedback
newr15
.204 Ruger Guns: remington r-15

Re: Questions about Remington R-15 204. ruger

Post by newr15 »

I recently bought a r-15 with 18" barrel shot 2 boxes of hornady 40gr in itto break it in a little and was getting inch and quarter 5 shot groups but every barrels different. The trigger feels like a regular model 700 trigger a little heavy but i like that in a hunting gun that gets used in winters alot cause u can still feel it and not have a discharge. I have not had and jams but have had to use forward assist few times but I imagine that will get better with more use. I have no regrets getting it I even traded off my bolt gun as this will be my primary critter gitter. Had it for 2 weeks and already have 17 cottontails, 1 stray cat, and a dumb coyote that walked up my driveway when I was home and awake. And I am not a reloader and have settled on using the 32 v-max which was used on all listed above works great as long as shot placement is correct.