Question for Captqc, or other Remy shooters

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
poppybull
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Question for Captqc, or other Remy shooters

Post by poppybull »

Captqc, are you shooting a factory trigger in your Remy 204, or is it an after market trigger? What is the trigger pull?
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Re: Question for Captqc, or other Remy shooters

Post by Wrangler John »

From an "other Remy shooter" my Remington's based on the 700 or 40 X all wear Jewel triggers. Except the 788 which wears a Timney. The Jewels are the 1 pound model, the Timney a 1.5 pound model. Jewel supplies additional springs to change the weight of pull with the trigger. While they can be easily installed by anyone, having a good gunsmith install and time the action is beneficial.

That's about as light as would go, because my hands are numb from nerve damage and I'd likely discharge my old 2 ounce triggers before I felt contact.

The Jewel Varmint Trigger allows retention of the Remington safety for those that hunt loaded and locked.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

As the good Captian shoots with me on a regular basis, I can answer for him that his Remmy sports the factory trigger, adjusted to a nice, crisp letoff.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Yup, what Rick said, it's the newer style trigger and I adjusted it down to around 1 1/2 lbs. (the adjustments are the same as on the older triggers) Gary
FireBallGuy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger

Post by FireBallGuy »

Both my SPS and VSF are using the stock triggers. Had them massaged by my smith and they are at 2.75 and 2.5 lbs respectively. Not sure what was done to them but they feel much better than they did out of the box. Plan a trigger upgrade in the new year for both though as I would like them to be around a pound and a half or slightly less.
Remington Model 700 SPS 17 Remington Fireball Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40SF, Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO, Savage Model 12 FVSS .22-250 Remington Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO