My ar's done (finally)

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
MT204
.204 Ruger Guns: custom ar15

My ar's done (finally)

Post by MT204 »

Well after may months of studying and shopping and waiting my guns done.
Custom ar-15 204 Ruger.
Shilen 24" custom match grade 1:10 twist with Matched Young MFG chrome bolt.
Tactical Innovations T15bdx lower.
Side bolt AR-X Enterprises upper.
Geissele Automatics 2 stage trigger.
White Oak Armament Varmint rifle float tube.
Magpul PRS stock with extension.
Accu-Shot mono pod, Harris bi pod.
Burris Xtreme Tactical Scope 6X-24X-50mm with AR-P.E.P.R. mount.
JP Adjustable Gas System.
Custom Red-Oxx (made in Montana) bag.
Was it worth the wait yes, yes, yes!
Does it shoot Yes, Yes, Yes!
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: My ar's done (finally)

Post by BabaOriley »

Looks nice!

Is that a Harris S25 bipod? I use the 9-25" when hunting and a 6-9" at the range. I have the same forearm tube on mine, but installed (3) short sections of picatinny rail to make adds/changes a little simpler/ more stable. I had a machinist grind flats on the tube so it was a flat to flat mating surface. We can't use a light at night with a rifle here, only on a shotgun, but the plan was to add a light to the right side of the forearm. The left side of the forearm has a quick disconnect sling attachment point.

Like I said in a previous post here, I think the accu-shot monopod has improved my groups, but am still planning on acquiring "really good" front and rear bags that can allow the rifle to sit as low as possible on the bench. One thing when using the bipod/monopod is I get the feeling it may be somewhat unstable side-to-side, because it sits so high. Vertical is Solid, but bags, and getting the whole rifle lower, may remove some tendency for sway side to side in the rear stock.

Using the side charging handle, do you think you would remove the old charging handle now and seal it to stop gas from leaking there? I've looked at that mod to my lower, but the normal charge handle is working fine for me. I suppose you may not want to remove the old charging handle because the upper wouldn't be able to be used on another lower without the side charging handle.

What does it weigh?
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

That is one beautiful bench rifle....with just about all the practical bells and whistles...something I've been considering, except in a different caliber..for 600yd F-class shooting.

I'll be interested in the pros & cons of the side bolt upper (I know the company claims more rigidity) as well as the stability of the monopod....after you have a chance to get some extended time with both of them...
AR
Factory/Factory
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

VERY nice! Everytime I see thos PRS stocks, it makes me miss my AR's! :( :( :(