Sinclair Bore Guides

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: Sinclair Bore Guides

Post by greystone »

poppybull wrote:WOW, now I've gone from being the only one to ever complain about Sinclair to being one of three (3) posters out of seven (7 )(.4285714 %) who are not TOTALLY HAPPY with Sinclair products . WOW Wonder, just wonder, what a truly representitive survey of Sinclair customers would reveal :eek: :eek:

TURNED JUNK INTO LITTLE PIECES OF JUNK
Don't include me in the "Not Totally Happy" with Sinclair products category. I have quite a few Sinclair products and find them to be all a quality product. The problem I have with my bore guide is probably in my rifle. As I have said I think my CZ has a tighter than normal chamber. I normally neck size my brass and any of my reloads that I've loaded for my other two 204's that I previously owned will not even begin to chamber in the 527. Hornady factory rounds are even a little "iffy". My bore guide would probably work just fine in another 204. Dave
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

poppy: In the end, you'll never know if Sinclair even HAS customer service, as you never gave them a chance to sort out your problem. Cutting up the bore guides in haste on a table saw reminds me of something one of my sons did during a tantrum when he was very young when something went wrong.

I hope your upcoming PD hunts go well, and we all know your Lucas bore guide will function perfectly as they always do.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

Just a post script to this thread. Since I did some shooting yesterday-the postal shoot-I had to clean my 204. I've heard nothing but good said about the Sinclair bore guide but when I used mine I always had to remove it with a pliers and it shed it's o-ring everytime. So today I decided to do something about it. I cut the o-ring groove just a little bit deeper and now finally the guide works as its supposed to. Dave
poppybull
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by poppybull »

Rick, thanks for your kind reply, would not expect less from you, based on what I have read in the past. I'll keep you posted.
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

Wow, can't believe I just wasted my time reading all that. Even more unbelievable I am wasting my time replying.