Sinclair Bore Guides

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
poppybull
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Sinclair Bore Guides

Post by poppybull »

Got my Sinclair bore giudes in the mail today. Can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am with the products.

1. The guide for the Savage 17 HMR DID FIT THE GUN, AT LEAST. But it has no port hole for solvent. Seems pretty simple to put on a drill press and correct the problem, but I really don't think the customer should have to do this, should come this way from the mfg.

2. The guide for my Savage 204, does not even fit the dang gun. WTF? Guess I'll throw this one (Maybe both) away and order bore guides from Dewey.

Extremely disappointed with these produts, and can/will not recommend Sinclair products to ANYONE.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: Sinclair Bore Guides

Post by Jim White »

poppybull,

Sorry to hear of your wows. I have several of their bore guides and they have all worked well for me. Regarding the solvent port, the last two I bought the ports were manufactured into the bore guide as a unit. Earlier models including my Savage 17 MHR's, did not have solvent ports but and extension is available for them and they slide right in the breech end of bore guide. Never had a fitting issue either.

Jim
poppybull

Post by poppybull »

If anyone would like to pay shipping from my place to yours, I will give this JUNK to you. A Savage 17 hmr BVTS bore guide, not equipped to handle solvents, no o ring attachament, no solvent hole. Part # 003-630-222, which was shipped to fit my Model 25 Savage 204, DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT FITS, AND GUESS SINCLAIR DOESN'T KNOW AS WEEL. Yours for the shipping. I HATE JUNK
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

poppy: Strange that you are the first I've ever heard complain about Sinclair products. Quite the contrary, I've used them for over 20 years with complete satisfaction, as have other shooters in BR competition, Highpower, Service Rifle, and countless other shooting disiplines. Their own primer seating tool is considered by most to be the best one on the planet.

All their products are developed by shooters for shooters, and are probably the most respected accuracy manufacturer in business at this point in time. All my Sinclair bore guides fit their respective rifle perfectly, and if you want a solvent port, it must be ordered as a separate item. Not everyone likes a solvent port, this is why they are offered separately.

Is it even possible that you ordered the incorrect item? It's also possible that a shipping error occured and you got the wrong guide. I would not blast them for such a simple error; call them and give them a chance to get it sorted out instead of complaining here to us.
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

trevort
.204 Ruger Guns: stiller predator, lilja no 5 1 in 12

Post by trevort »

the seven or 8 I have all work perfectly
giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Post by giterdone »

I had a bore-guide problem with one of my rifles, so Sinclair suggested I measure the inside of the action. They sent me one that fit so perfectly that a person would think it was custom made. I have a half dozen or more and the add-on (push in) solvent ports and I agree with RIO Sinclair is a first class outfit. Be sure to get a few extra "o" rings as they sometimes get lost.
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Must be a fluke, my Sinclair guides are top rate. (mine are for Remington and Rugers) Gary
poppybull

Post by poppybull »

Surely glad all you guys have received excellent service and products from Sinclair. My FIRST and LAST experince was a total joke. MY CHOICE,(still have freedom of choice, despite current political climate) is to cut my losses, tell those who may be interested my experince, and move on. Guess since I'm not a bench rest shooter, or any of the above mentioned people, maybe, just maybe, I wasn't given the same level of customer service.

Rick, didn't mean to offend anyone, but thought that was one of the purposes of this board, TO TALK BOUT THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY. Funny that you would say that if I wanted a solvent port, that I had to order one. Didn't know that, wasn't told that by customer service rep, and yet one guide has a solvent port and one does not. Looks a little incosistent to me.

Gotta go to the shop, gonna have fun cutting JUNK into smaller JUNK.
Last edited by poppybull on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

I have a Sinclair O ring chamber guide that I'm not really thrilled with. I use it on my CZ 527 American. Before I go any further I have to acknowledge that this rifle might have a tighter than normal chamber. The only factory rounds that I have are Hornady and it takes a noticeable amount of effort to close the bolt on them. If they were my reloads I would be resizing. The Rem new unprimed brass that I use chambers just fine. The Sinclair Guide always leaves the O ring in the chamber when I remove the guide and its kind of a bugger to put back on the guide. I bought new O rings from Sinclair, different sizes from NAPA to no avail. I use it all the time now but without any O rings. I'm thinking about chucking it up in my lathe and working it down slightly and cutting a deeper O ring channel. I'm just ranting now and the problem is probably my rifle and not the guide. Dave
poppybull

Post by poppybull »

PROBLEM SOLVED :roll: The 2 Sinclair Bore Guides are now a large number of itsy bitsy teeny weeny peices of bore guides(gotta love those table saws). Detailed E Mail sent to Mike Lucas concerning the 2 bore guides which I need. Not difficult to overcome small obstacles.
Last edited by poppybull on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

I have 3 Sinclair bore guides and they've all worked perfectly. I ordered all 3 at the same time, and was also disappointed they don't come with the solvent port shown in the picture, but sometimes things just aren't what they seem, and I actually haven't found a need for a solvent port. I can hang a towel over the rifle stock to catch any drips that come off the brush when inserting/removing it.

I think the consensus in this thread is the same as you'll find on any Internet message board. If you haven't called them and given them the opportunity to make it right, then you aren't going to get much sympathy in a forum full of their fans. I have no doubt they would refund all your money on whatever you sent back to them. Most likely even the shipping charges. :roll:
poppybull

Post by poppybull »

Baba, doubt very seriously Sinclair will refund my money on the MANY MINI PEICES of the original bore guides (gotta love those table saws). If you haven't been able to read into my post, MONEY NEVER THE ISSUE. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS THE ISSUE. I NEVER, EVER compound my problems (big or small) by doing business multiply times with a company which I percieve to have customer service issues. The HEADACHES are never,ever (at least seldom) worth the value of the dollar. I'm not gonna fuss with ANYBODY over $35 or $40. LIFE TO SHORT. I'll inform interested parties as to what happened, without calling names, cussing, etc.) and educated people can make educated opinions as to whether they want to do business with said company. Pretty simple. No skin off my back, one way or the other.

PS Rick, by the way, took your advise and bought the 204, not the 223. Love it (unlike the Sinclair bore guides) :doh:

TURNING JUNK INTO LITTLE PEICES OF JUNK
Last edited by poppybull on Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

poppybull wrote:Baba, doubt very seriously Sinclair will refund my money on the MANY MINI PEICES of the original bore guides (gotta love those table saws). If you haven't been able to read into my post, MONEY NEVER THE ISSUE. CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS THE ISSUE. I NEVER, EVER compound my problems (big or small) by doing business multiply times with a company which I percieve to have customer service issues. The HEADACHES are never,ever (at least seldom) worth the value of the dollar. I'm not gonna fuss with ANYBODY over $35 or $40. LIFE TO SHORT. I'll inform interested parties as to what happened, without calling names, cussing, etc.) and educated people can make educated opinions as to whether they want to do business with said company. Pretty simple. No skin off my back, one way or the other.

PS Rick, by the way, took your advise and bought the 204, not the 223. Love it (unlike the Sinclair bore guides) :doh:
Sorry you had a bad experience with SInclair. At least you have something in common with the rest of this board. You love your .204... Can you tell us some about your experiences with that so far?
poppybull

Post by poppybull »

Was totally torn/undecided as to buy Savage 204 or 223. At Ricks suggestion, purchased the 204. Had issues with ring height (totally my fault) and just last week, got the proper rings put on. Shot it in last Sunday, and will be going to the range this weekend to derermine whether she likes the 32 or 40 grain ammo. Will not reload ammo, as I am selling my empty brass. Will be going to Aztec/Farmington NM (NM/Colorado area) or Hawk Springs WY (Nebraska/Wyoming area) around Thanksgiving to break her in. I raise Bucking Bulls, which Foster Bucking Bulls out of Aztec, haul to rodeos or PBR events, and also various other bull breeders have offered/provided me with places to hunt P.Dogs. Will be going back to Kansas for our big hunt the last weekend of July. May also TRY to sneak off for a 2 or 3 day trip in March or April. Haven't really hunted anything in about 10 years, as I have a company to run (we DANG SURE provide QUALITY/TOP NOTCH customer service as that is what the LARGEST HOME BUILDER in the US DEMANDS). Hundreds of companies have been/are standing in line for years waiting for us to SCREW UP. Was on the All American Skeet Team, when I quit cold turkey to start raising Bucking Bulls. Briley and Kolar provided me fast, efficent, prompt, professioal service on my Skeet guns. I never had a problem with either company, BUT know shooters that did. Have made a decision I'm gonna shoot P Dogs, 2or 3 times a year, since the boys out of Aztec are hauling my bulls and I'm not on the road with them. Thats how I got here and gonna enjoy the board, it's members and the hunts, even if I call a SPADE A SPADE and wad a couple of people panties. I know the differance between GOOD & BAD (indefferent) CUSTOMER SERVICE. That's my story, and I'm gonna stick with it.

TURNING JUNK INTO LITTLE PEICES OF JUNK
poppybull

Post by poppybull »

WOW, now I've gone from being the only one to ever complain about Sinclair to being one of three (3) posters out of seven (7 )(.4285714 %) who are not TOTALLY HAPPY with Sinclair products . WOW Wonder, just wonder, what a truly representitive survey of Sinclair customers would reveal :eek: :eek:

TURNED JUNK INTO LITTLE PIECES OF JUNK