Aftermarket Savage Actions

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
ssm
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger VT M77

Aftermarket Savage Actions

Post by ssm »

Has anyone here ever purchased one of the aftermarket Savage Actions that a few places offer. I saw them in a Jerrys Sports Center catalog today. The prices ranged from $329-$389 for the actions.

Was thinking about getting one, and a Barrell and stock from Shooters Supply and building my own.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Aftermarket Savage Actions

Post by acloco »

I have bought several actions, a couple stocks, and a few factory barrels from Jim at Northland Shooters Supply.

GREAT guy...no bull. Tell him Tom in Nebraska sent you. :)

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/i ... p?board=64
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

I'll second the nomination for Jim. A+ guy with plenty of stuff in stock at most times.
If you've ever ordered a custom tube from a reputable barrel maker you know how long the wait can be. Its nice when you decide to buy a new tube and Jim can send it right out.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

jo191145 wrote:I'll second the nomination for Jim. A+ guy with plenty of stuff in stock at most times.
If you've ever ordered a custom tube from a reputable barrel maker you know how long the wait can be. Its nice when you decide to buy a new tube and Jim can send it right out.
Not only did he send mine "right out", he didn't even wait for the check to clear :lol: :lol: :lol: He DID know me from prolific posting here and the GGVG Message board, though :mrgreen: I think I got the barrel the same day the check got to him. It's been an awfully good barrel, too, for a factory tube.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Inrut24/7
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 1500

Post by Inrut24/7 »

Is there somthing special about he actions? the price seems high If you compare that to what a new stevens or some of the new savages cost.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

His prices are usually the same or less than others.

Do you have a link to other pricing info?