Ruger Predator in 204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
E-Texan Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Mod 12 VLP

Ruger Predator in 204

Post by E-Texan Shooter »

I shot a Ruger model 77 in 25-06 for about 30 years. The rifle just seemed to fit me perfectly. I shoot mostly left handed so the tang safety and straight stock were ideal. I had been waiting for years for what I consider to be an ideal, all around small caliber rifle that was similar to the 25-06 in dimensions and Ruger finally produced one. I spotted the Ruger Model 77 Hawkeye Predator on the Ruger site and had to have one. It is all stainless, laminated stock, 24" medium barrell and adjustable trigger. I put a 4.5 x 14 Leupold that I already had on it and, best of all, the gun will shoot 3 shot 1/2" moa groups consistently with 32 gr V-Max's. The barrel is extremely smooth and it cleans easily. I didn't do anything to the gun but float the bbl and adjust the trigger. I don't consider it one of my varmit rifles, but my 9 year old grandson shot it about 150 times last week on a PD hunt and fell in love with it. He was deadly out to about 200 yards with it. I carry it in my pick-up at all times and deal the crows, turtles and other "vermin" a lot of misery. If you are looking for a utility rifle in 204, I don't see how you can beat this rifle.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Ruger Predator in 204

Post by Captqc »

Pictures man pictures! :D Gary
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Re: Ruger Predator in 204

Post by WaltherP99 »

Captqc wrote:Pictures man pictures! :D Gary

:wtg: +1