Cooper Jackson Varminter?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
NuMatthu

Cooper Jackson Varminter?

Post by NuMatthu »

Hi Folks

I can't seem to find much information about this particular Cooper. From what I gather it is a lightweight varminter style. Anyone own one? Does anyone know if they do it in a left hand model 21??

Thanks
Matt
CV32

Re: Cooper Jackson Varminter?

Post by CV32 »

NuMatthu wrote:Hi Folks
I can't seem to find much information about this particular Cooper. From what I gather it is a lightweight varminter style. Anyone own one? Does anyone know if they do it in a left hand model 21??Thanks
Matt
Matt, I know there is a Canadian dealer for Cooper named Prophet River Firearms. Just Google it for their website. I had understood that they could make just about any of their rifles in left hand on request. Good hunting to you.
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)
stevecrea

Re: Cooper Jackson Varminter?

Post by stevecrea »

NuMatthu:

According to their website at cooperfirearms.com:

The Jackson Varminter is a Model 21, and is available in lefthand. It is a lightweight varminter, as you indicated, with weight of about 6.5 lbs., and muzzle diameter of .580. Caliber selection is quite broad, and includes 17 Rem, 204, 223, 22 Hornet, and a host of others.

This appears to be a broadening of the product line. The original Jackson Squirrel Rifle was the predecessor, and was in the rimfire cartridges in the Model 57. The Jackson Varminter appears to be an almost identical configuration of walnut stock, stainless barrel, rollover cheekpiece, etc.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")