Idaho Bob

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Idaho Bob

Post by Gube »

I just found out that Idaho Bob passed away a few days ago. He was a regular over at Predator Masters and talked highly of his 204 CZ-527. Not sure if he was a member here or not under a different user name but will be sorely missed. I will miss his stories and enthusiam about his beloved 204. I wish his family all the best. He was one of the reasons why I chose the 204 over the 22-50 as my go to varmint rifles. May he rest in Peace and keep chasing those yotes on the other side.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ub ... 0#53143280

http://shootersforum.com/showthread.htm?t=56376

http://www.clearwatertribune.com/Weekly ... 9Obits.htm
Last edited by Gube on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Savage Vaporizer
cracker

Re: Idaho Bob

Post by cracker »

IDBOB
I always looked forward to reading his post, a man with the know how. he was one reason I bought my cz varminter in 204. His love for the round shinned in his post.
God bless you IDBOB and I hope you are enjoying chasing the critters on the other side
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

Where did he live in Idaho? I am near Boise, but I know many in Twin Falls and other areas.

Does anyone know what happened?
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
Song Dog
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 10, 12, & 16

Post by Song Dog »

I was thinking it was Emmit(sp) but I could be wrong.
I always looked forward to what ever he had to say about the 204. When I got my 527 we pm'd each other several times. He always had the time to help someone out.
Everytime he would post pics of his stomping grounds, I would say that, that makes me more and more hate Illinois :D .
He will be sadly missed.

In Christ,

Song Dog
PREDATOR DYNAMICS (facebook)
Foxpro Western Dealer Rep.
God's Country Camouflage-Fieldstaff
"A man with an experience has volumes more than a man with a theory"
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

The address one of the PM members sent me was in Peck, ID.... We're not sure that is correct, but I'm sending a note anyway.....

Peck doesn't look that big, but it's in the middlle of the Nez Perce Indian Reservation and I had never heard him mention that factor.....For some reason, I was thinking he was down by Mountain Home...
AR
Factory/Factory
Displayed Name
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Stainless laminate

Post by Displayed Name »

I liked his helpful nature a lot. I plan on giving his 40gr Vmax load a try and see if I can't drop a few coyotes with it. Bob will be surely missed. Ryan
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Post by Bunnybuster »

Bob was from Orofino, according the the obit in the links of the first posting.

Orofino and Peck are both up at the base of the panhandle, east of Lewiston.
Sask Boy

Post by Sask Boy »

Hi Guys, I got to know Bob through another forum, he was a fine gentleman and very quick to help with many years of exprience.
I traded my VLP for a CZ because Bob talked me into it well not really I always wanted one.
I posted this morning about not being able to work up a load with Bob before his passing as my rifle was not in. Once I placed the post and got off the board I got a phone call my CZ was in. It was only minutes after getting off the computer so I thank Bob for the help.
I am now going to make this little 527 shoot like Bob says they will and every time I pick it up I will think of him.
I will take some photos of my targets and what loads I find to be the best. I will have to email them to someone to post as I really M electronically challenged.
Again I can not say enough about that fine man and great sportsman.
Keep the Son in your eyes.
Bless You
Dan