HBO's "Taking Chance"

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
rpknaz
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII with Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40

HBO's "Taking Chance"

Post by rpknaz »

I may be a little :offtopic: sorry if so. I felt like everyone needs to know about and see this movie. Thanks for bearing with me. Here is a link to view the trailer.

http://www.hbo.com/films/takingchance/

Link for the full schedule.

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/Schedu ... ing+chance

Peace and love will get you killed. Unarmed helplessness is a welcome mat for evil. Self-defense is the most powerful, driving instinct in good people everywhere. To deny it is evil personified. Ted Nugent.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: HBO's "Taking Chance"

Post by Jim White »

My wife & I watched it last night. Very touching...

Jim
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I'm proud and honored to say that I served with various Marine Divisions while in Vietnam. I was in Amphibious Assault, and spent much time with these warriors. My units website has the entire story of USMC Corporal Chance Phelps' journey home posted there if anyone cares to check it out. It was writen by the Marine that brought him home. It's a very good read.

http://tulare.homelinux.net/Chance_Phelps.html

I have not seen the movie, but if it's an accurate account of the real story, then it should be seen by all Americans to honor one of our fallen heros.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

scootertrash

Post by scootertrash »

Thank you men, for posting the links.

Mike
U.S Army
Factory Custom
bullfrog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MarkII All Weather Ultralight

Post by bullfrog »

Rick, thanks for posting that link. To say that was "a good read" is a mighty big understatement. Especially in these times, it makes you feel very good about our country. Hopefully they'll put the movie on dvd someday (don't have hbo).
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul.
rpknaz
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger KM77VT MKII with Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40

Post by rpknaz »

The DVD to suppose to come out in May.

I got to watch this movie the other night. Amazed how well they did making this movie, it is very good. There is a overwhelming sense of pride you get all the way through it. Pride might not be the right word, you are absolutely moved by the story of PFC Chance Phelps. Every time I looked over to my wife she was crying, I even felt my chin quiver. :) I hope you all see it.

My dad, a Vietnam Vet., wears a hat that says, "All gave some, Some gave all."

To all who have served, you have eternal gratitude and respect. Thank You, Richard aka Rpknaz

Peace and love will get you killed. Unarmed helplessness is a welcome mat for evil. Self-defense is the most powerful, driving instinct in good people everywhere. To deny it is evil personified. Ted Nugent.