Obama's Gun Ban for those over 60!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Obama's Gun Ban for those over 60!

Post by Rick in Oregon »

We knew this kind of tripe was coming, read this for yourselves. Not over 60 yet? Do you ever plan to be 60? Then this is for everyone.....

Guns to Be Banned for Elderly
Staff Reports
United Press International
Washington

Deputy Attorney General Designate David Ogden is circulating a draft of an executive order in which, among other things, firearms possession would be severely limited to people over 60.

An assistant to Ogden told us, "It appears that in these changing times, it is no longer necessary to allow the elderly to be armed. With all of their physical ailments and increasing senility, to leave them in control of a deadly weapon would be ludicrous."

While the Executive Order may sound too powerful, experts in Constitutional law state that it is not actually un-Constitutional.

"It's a question of wording." states Columbia Law Professor, Dr. John Braxton. "The Constitution forbids the Congress, that is, the legislative branch, from passing any laws infringing on gun ownership. The executive branch is not included in this proviso. As long as the Congress doesn't get involved, it's technically a non-issue."

The Justice Department was tossing the idea of a gun ban for seniors during the Carter and Clinton Administration, but public opinion stopped these initiatives. Now, the Obama White House believes differently.

An unnamed aide close to Ogden agreed to talk on the condition of anonymity.

"Clinton and Carter didn't have as much of a mandate as President Obama. They were both Southerners, and the Second Amendment was sacrosanct to their constituents. However, President Obama comes from a new sort of politics, where divisive issues like firearms do not apply to him."

"Quite frankly, it's a shame that no one has had the good conscience to have done this already. It's a simple process, and the majority of the American people will understand it and follow the law."

The enforcement mechanism for this particular executive order has not been published. It is likely that the confiscation of weapons will be similar to Great Britain's handgun ban, in which citizens willingly gave the weapons to police.

It is expected that the executive order will be given around July 1, when senior-related gun deaths reach their peaks.

The aide to Ogden stated: "For eight years you see the rolling back of regulation, and crime has skyrocketed. In fact, in Massachusetts alone, murders have risen 50% since 2002. Armed robbery has also risen dramatically. With such circumstances, we must act boldly."

- - - -
If you have not written your state representatives yet, better get busy NOW! Not in the NRA? If not, then you don't care about further gun ownership....... This stuff is REAL!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: Obama's Gun Ban for those over 60!

Post by greystone »

This was discussed on the PM forum a couple of weeks ago. Quite a few responces
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ub ... 8#53070115
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I've just learned that this was a hoax, and posted elsewhere as satire. Here's a link to the NRA who dispells it......for now.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=4404

Whew! I was getting into a really bad mood! Sorry for any ruffled feathers or stress this may have caused. :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

surfclod
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by surfclod »

I almost wish it were true because this would alienate a huge number of voters from the Democratic Party. The very idea that those over 60 fit this description..." with all of their physical ailments and increasing senility....." I think this would offend everyone even remotely close to 60. During the November election I heard recently that AAPR is the largest lobby group in America today. I think that even non-gun owners would take such a law to be a large insult.

Anyways keep fighting the good fight, you know they are gonna try something to appease the hard left that helped get thier guy in power.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Rick in Oregon wrote:
Whew! I was getting into a really bad mood! Sorry for any ruffled feathers or stress this may have caused. :?
Rick,

I'm glad it was a hoax because I was starting to get a serious case of the red-@$$, and I'm only 50. :soap:

Jim
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

Wow! If it were true, that would mean that it would be legal for someone over 60 (Bush was 62 when Obama took over) to rule the country but this same person or group of people would not be able to have a gun. Brilliant!

My dad still hunts and is in great physical shape. In fact, he is the one who gutted my elk this year!!! It would be a crying shame if someone told him that he had to give up his guns and stop hunting.

What's funny is my grandpa is over 90 and still has guns and shoots! He is a riot!! He is a great driver too! Not as fast has he used to be but hasn't had an accident is years! :lol:
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

204Shooter: My dad hunted right up to his departure from this world at 85, and still humped the elk mountains. I saw John Nosler Sr. last week at the plant, he's now 96 years old, and still drives too! He always has something funny to say when he sees my wife when he visits the plant, and is still fun to be around. Talk about a lifetime of hunting knowledge. We should all be so lucky to live so long, let alone have all our faculties to boot.

If that satire had been true, could you imagine someone like John Nosler being told he couldn't have his guns any more. Right!

Even though this satire was not true, we still have to keep a sharp eye on this administration, and keep up with NRA bulletins if we are to survive this four year stint (puleeze let it ONLY be four years!)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Post by dannybracy »

Rick...... holy crappo-la did my father in law freak out when I started to read that to him.....and then I scrolled down.....very touchy subject when we are reloading for our PD trip this spring and getting supplies ready for his new .257 Roberts AI.....!!!! Whew, glad it aint true! -Dan
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223
Uncle Harry
.204 Ruger Guns: H&R Varminter w/ skeletonized composite stoc

Post by Uncle Harry »

heck, I'M over 60 and I'm thinking Osama Obama has lots more to occupy his time than worrying about me going on a rampage at a Waffle House.