Posting graphic photos?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

Posting graphic photos?

Post by Va varminter »

I went to another pred./varmint forum this morning and did some reading. It is one that has had it's link posted on another thread recently.(220 v.204) remember? Anyway, one under the title of varmint hunting there is a post about graphic pics. From what I could take from it is "keep it as clean as possible". I respect the rules of the forum. And aside from that, the reading was quite good(if you like those shoulder stomping .22cal cannons :lol: ) I just think that seeing what our 204s will do is sometimes better than just reading about it.
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Posting graphic photos?

Post by glenn asher »

If you look closely, or not closely :lol: :lol: :lol: in our hunting section, there are plenty of graphic photos taken by our membership here. That's what they do, no getting around it, they make 'rats go splats'. Feel free to browse about there and enjoy the fruits and labors of PDog shooters, coyote killers and groundhog assassins.

And more importantly, go forth and make some memorable photos of your own, and share them with us.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Va varminter

Post by Va varminter »

I know, that's why I like this forum so much.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

VA, don't worry, we can handle it! :D Post away. :lol: Gary
Va varminter

Post by Va varminter »

I wasn't talking about this site. I was talking about predator masters.com. They have a thread under the Varmint Hunting heading that is discouraging the posting of exploded rats. I was just saying that is what I like about our site, plenty of blood and guts to go around. Trust me, if I took pics. I would have been posting for the past 2 years.
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Predator Masters just has a guide line on posting and set the standard that you should be able to have your five year old child browsing with you and they try to keep it a 'family' situation.

Some little kids are turned off by the gore and they are trying to promote the hunting aspect to the kids...rather than shock them... It also gives the 'antis' more ammunition for their protests...
AR
Factory/Factory
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Old Turtle: I totally agree with your statements on the gore factor in regard to the young ones. The only upside or positive side of that, is that those type of photos graphically illustrate the damage even a pheriphial wound looks like from a high powered varmint cartridge. This fact alone can instill a great respect for firearms safety and the consequences of careless handling.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails