Limited reloading supplies in stock.

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Limited reloading supplies in stock.

Post by BabaOriley »

I stopped at my favorite local (135 miles away) gun shop Saturday planning on stocking up some on supplies. They hadn't seen BR4 primers in months, but did have 205M in stock, so I bought 2000 ($72.50 after tax :shock: ). Their prices aren't marked anywhere on the shelf or the box, so I asked what a box of 500 39gr SBK's cost, and they were $105.79+tx. This was fair enough considering I didn't have to pay shipping, but I just couldn't afford it that day. I thought maybe I could spend $60 more on some powder, so asked him for 3 pounds H4895. He said they had none, and were told not to expect more until maybe fall. Same on Varget. I don't know why I'm telling you guys this so you go buy up everything left out there, but I can't afford any more anyway, so please, help me stop stocking up.

I do need to find some powder though. I have about enough for 1400-1600 rounds, which I hope doesn't last me through this summer. I guess I don't want to run that low. Thinking of trying some Ramshot TAC or 748.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Limited reloading supplies in stock.

Post by Rick in Oregon »

It's the same everywhere....bare shelves in most cases. Today I lucked out while talking to my favorite riflesmith, and snagged 1K Rem 7-1/2 BR's, but everywhere else it's bleak. An industry friend told me that Federal won't even sell primers to their own employees! Powder is backordered virtually everywhere.

We can thank our Taliban and insurgent buddies for creating most of this problem, and the Nobama event recently just excaberated the situation.

I'm glad I keep a pretty fair stock of components, otherwise I'd have a pretty rotten spring squirrel season. If you find it.....buy it! Nobama is intending to tax this stuff out of reach for most of us, so be forewarned. His entire cabinet is filled with ex-Clinton gun-haters...... need I say more? Change indeed. :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

MiniSniper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 Custom by Absolute Accuracy.com

Post by MiniSniper »

Just gave $45.00 for the last 1600 CCI standard small rifle primers the local shop had. I don't even use CCI but when that's all I could find, what's one to do. Hornady and Sierra bullets (204) have been fairly easy to get. I am on the B/O list for Mid South's 34 gr. Nightmares. I have 10,000 7 1/2's on B/O at Powder Vallley and was able to get 16 lbs. of H335 from the locally. All we can do at this point is keep our fingers crossed......MS
uplander
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 1500
Location: Gretna Nebraska....way too close to Omaha but will do for now

Post by uplander »

I went 9 papges deep on google before I found cci 450m's. However, I had to do some calling around, but finally found a supply locally. Picked up all they had (2000) and also found varget and benchmark to boot...the guy told me he orders every week....so I'll be back!!!
the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Post by the_right_reverend »

Minisniper and all MO shooter with in a pleasant drive from Mexico, Mo If you haven't heard Graf's Has a Super Reloading Retail Outlet outside their Warehouse ....... Prices at Christmas when I stopped in were something like 10% or at Internet price and they seemed to have most anything your heart desires Rem 71/2..... I dropped a grand while home for Christmas...... got tired of running around local trying to find anything locally

Graf's Reloading Supercenter
(573) 581-9777
4050 S Clark St, Mexico, MO 65265
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image
Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Post by Steve V »

Uplander, PLEEEEEASE tell me that Guns Unlimited is not out of powder and primers!!! :huh:
Was thinking of heading out that way to pick up some H4895 for this summers pd shoot. they've had the best 8 lb price on powder I can find.
bigun
.204 Ruger Guns: vssf .204 remmington

Post by bigun »

read on http://www.jamescalhoon.com/primers_and_pressure.php any body tride reloader 10x powder ..i use 27grn rl 10x topped off with a 32grn blitzking and thats a hot load 26.3grn is about top in most rifles ...i use cci br4
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

It looks like we are having more bubblemania, after bubbles in internet stocks, telecom stocks, and tech stocks in 2000. Then real estate bubblemania from 2004 to 2007, and then a crash that is continuing, and will continue. Then, a commodity bubblemania that is continuing to this day.

Now, NoBama mania, reloading components, ammo mania, hoarding, bubbling, bubbling, and more bubbling. AR mania, bubbling.......

Now, when will this peak and crash?

Does anyone remember the tulip bubble?
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")