CZ 527

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

CZ 527

Post by greystone »

I might have made a deal on one of these little rifles tonight. I'll know more tomorrow. After I got over what I considered ugly at the time -the magazine hanging out the bottom-I started to take a close look at these guns. The workmanship seems to be very nice. They handle nice. I'm getting arthritis in my left shoulder so I need a light hunting rifle and this one seems to fit the bill nicely. I never had any time for heavy guns anyhow. I think the gun I looked at tonight has my name on it. Dave
jo191145

Re: CZ 527

Post by jo191145 »

Then buy it ;) :lol:
I've always thought the exposed mag was ugly but I shoot Savages. I could really care less about the looks.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

I really like my 527 American. Great carry gun and accurate. It has a single set stage trigger that is completely adjustable. Triggers are great. It is my carry coyote gun. You can get an after market magazine that fits flush with the bottom, but only holds two rounds.
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Medic52
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS Varmint

Post by Medic52 »

I have a CZ 527 Varmint in 17 Rem and a CZ452 Varmint in 17HMR both of them are really great guns.....
" The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he LOVES what is behind him." G.K.Chesterton

REM 700 SPS Varmint Elite 6x24x40
LIFE MEMBER NRA
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER NAHC
jlnolly
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12

Post by jlnolly »

sidewinderwa where did you find the 2 shot clip for the 527??
greystone

Post by greystone »

Well I bought this rifle. Both the metal and wood finish seems to be excellent. I got the gun home and cleaned the barrel, installed and lapped the scope rings, and mounted the scope. The scope is just a utility grade 3-12 variable with fat cross hairs. All the rounds that I have are previously fired and neck sized for my Remington. They wont chamber in the CZ. Apparently its chamber is dimensionally different somewhat. So I quickly loaded some new brass with 26 grains of H322 with Dogtowns on top and went out to the range. It was 11 degrees and no wind. That constitutes a nice day in January in Minnesota. Anyhow I sighted it in. To say that the trigger has some creep would be an understatement. It creeeeeps but will eventually go off. But that's all adjustable and I'm doing that this afternoon. With frozen fingers, fat cross hairs and creepy trigger I was getting some nice groups. I think it has really nice accuracy potential. Nicely balanced and very easy to handle and carry. My complete set up weighs in at 7 lbs 7.8 oz's on my postal scale. A very nice little gun. I'm glad I bought it. I wonder why I haven't discovered these before :?: Dave
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Dave, after you adjust the trigger and the creepyness goes away you will be a lot happier. When I got mine I thought it was the really creepy so I adjusted it and now it's fine as frogs hair. Gary
greystone

Post by greystone »

Captqc wrote:Dave, after you adjust the trigger and the creepyness goes away you will be a lot happier. When I got mine I thought it was the really creepy so I adjusted it and now it's fine as frogs hair. Gary
Gary-I was happy to see that this trigger is fully adjustable-creep, pull weight and overtravel. I spent some time with it. I've got it set to 3 lbs on the main and 1lb on the set with no ceep and no overtravel. It breaks like glass. This is the first bolt gun that I've bought in over 30 years that hasn't been a Remington. These are nice little guns. Dave
95 roadking
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model f

Post by 95 roadking »

CZ has a new model coming out shortley. ALL camo including the bolt and mag. Short mag that fits flush with the stock. My buddy was quoted a price. $789.99 +tax!!! He passed!!
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Whittaker's had the 527 M1 (short magazine, .223) in a synthetic stock for $499 a couple of weeks ago. For that kind of savings, I think I could camo the rascal up all by my lonesome :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I almost brought that rifle home with me, but things at work are "iffy" right now, and I had second thoughts. I've missed the furloughs and lay-offs by the grace of God and just plain hard work, but if things get any tougher at all, there may be no choices left. The housing business is having a real rough patch right now.................... :eew:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!