Remington 700 Bolt Release

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Wiiings12
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Stainless

Remington 700 Bolt Release

Post by Wiiings12 »

My Remington is a wonderful gun and I enjoy shooting it. But there is just this one problem! The bolt release never works! it has worked before, before I had a gunsmith do some trigger work. The problem is there is a pin-type-thing that you push up on (its by the trigger) and it contacts a lever that pivots downward and lets the bolt pass on through. However, the "pin-type-thing" will just kind of flex out of position when you push on it, and without something pushing on the lever.. your SOL! I can still clean my barrel and all that but this is just bugging the heck out of me! Has anyone else had any experience with this? or does anyone know how to fix it?
Assault is a behavior, not a device.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Remington 700 Bolt Release

Post by acloco »

Did you or the gunsmith bed the rifle? If so, there is bedding compound in the receiver opening for the arm that the bolt release lever pushes on.

....or...when he reinstalled the pins for the trigger, he missed the pins and hit the receiver, causing binding on the above mentioned lever.

.....or...it is not assembled properly. There is a small spring that pushed the lever back into locking position.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Something must be binding the release bar. Mine is spring loaded and works very smoothly. I would disassemble the rifle and see if it works out of the stock. Can you post some pics? Let us know what you find. Gary
Medic52
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS Varmint

Post by Medic52 »

I agree with Captqc, just disassemble and look at it you should be able to see it...
" The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he LOVES what is behind him." G.K.Chesterton

REM 700 SPS Varmint Elite 6x24x40
LIFE MEMBER NRA
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER NAHC