Remington 700 Aftermarket Trigger?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Re: Remington 700 Aftermarket Trigger?

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

I also agree with the Timney triggers I have them in some of my rifles but there is also Rifle Basix that are a fine trigger in them selves. All the triggers mentioned are easy to instal and very safe. No one here has led you wrong. Good shooting and Ride Up!!!
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

I personally like the new X-Mark Pro trigger that Rem uses. I have mine adjusted to a little over 2 pounds and it breaks very clean with no creep. As far as aftermarket triggers I like the Jewell because its externally adjustable but its also about 100 bucks more than the Timney, Too bad Canjar went out of business
Ohlsen

Post by Ohlsen »

Guess I'm gonna be the one lone voice out here saying, "Rifle Basix LV-1". I've bought two now from Shooters Discount, Inc., $107 shipped. I have installed them in my two Rem XR-100's, both break at 8oz and are very nice! Think they go up to a 24oz pull if you don't like the light 8oz pull.

Tom
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Ohlsen: Nothing wrong with Rifle Basix from my corner of the world, as I installed one in my early 80's vintage Ruger M77 Varmint in 220 Swift, and as you said, it breaks clean and crisp. It brought new life into the old girl. It shot so well after the installation, I quit procrastinating and did a glass bedding job on her the same week. Now just waiting to get out and put her back on paper once the snow and wind quits here.

Is it spring yet? :?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

I agree with the others who said to give adjusting the factory trigger a try! I was debating on an aftermarket trigger myself until I adjusted the factory myself. It's MUCH better now and saved me some money for the new project I have in mind!

GL either way tho' and welcome to the forum.
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Before you spend the money on a aftermarket trigger, take yours to a gunsmith and have the factory trigger lightened as much as possible. I had mine worked on and it breaks crisp at 2 1/4 pounds. It cost me $25.