A New 204 in the Stable

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Re: A New 204 in the Stable

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Rick, you're a 204 junky! :lol: That wood is beautiful. BTW- That picture of your dogs might just become a postcard! Great shot.
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Nice addition! Congrats...It's a beaut!

Great looking pups also...would LOVE to have a Basset! Too bad the woman is allergic to most dogs. :(
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Bergcrane: Yep, my wife told me the same thing (I'm a 204 junkie...). But I'm guessing it could be alot worse. By the way, that shot of the girls IS on our Christmas card this year.....how'd you know?

WaltherP99: Basset Hounds.....here's what you do: Get a couple of nice Bassets, then get the woman a dust mask or respirator. ;) Maybe she'd get used to them with some "time conditioning". Besides being about the most lovable breed of dog I've ever owned (always bird dogs prior to the hounds), the noses on them have to be experienced to be believed. Being bred from Bloodhounds, their noses are rated No. 2 in the Dog World as the most sensitive. I can run off into the woods for 200 yards (or any distance), and when wifey turns them loose with noses on the ground, they can find me even if I'm hiding in a tree. Too bad I can't take them elk hunting! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Post by OldTurtle »

Rick, I hate to say it, but the wood on that rifle is too pretty to take out into the woods and get banged around in the brush.... :lol:

Good Luck on the surgery,,,pay attention to the post op instructions and get back on your feet soon...

I've had two Bassets in the past and they are my favorite hounds... would love to have another, but they tie me and the wife down too much any more and I can't lift a full grown one into the car anymore... :eew:
AR
Factory/Factory
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Rick in Oregon wrote:
WaltherP99: Basset Hounds.....here's what you do: Get a couple of nice Bassets, then get the woman a dust mask or respirator. ;) Maybe she'd get used to them with some "time conditioning". Besides being about the most lovable breed of dog I've ever owned (always bird dogs prior to the hounds), the noses on them have to be experienced to be believed. Being bred from Bloodhounds, their noses are rated No. 2 in the Dog World as the most sensitive. I can run off into the woods for 200 yards (or any distance), and when wifey turns them loose with noses on the ground, they can find me even if I'm hiding in a tree. Too bad I can't take them elk hunting! :lol:

That's awesome! I would LOVE to have one and maybe someday I will.

I've said the same thing to her about the conditioning. She's a little leary on it due to a past experience. She ended up in the hospital and almost died. Her biggest problem is cats!

We'll see what happens! I've been known to coax her! ;)