H-S precision

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

H-S precision

Post by crazy2medic »

h-s precision has taken on a new spokes person, that man would be lon horiuchi, for those that are unfamiliar with that name he was the F.B.I Sniper that shot Vicki Weaver in the head while she stood in the doorway of her house, the only thing that she was holding was her baby! I find it incredible that any company would utilize this person as a spokes person! but I will never buy a rifle stock, or anything that come out of their factory so long as they have this murderer on their payroll!
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
Varmintcaller
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 15001vosv

Re: H-S precision

Post by Varmintcaller »

I have already sent them an e-mail with my sentiments, and told them this IDAHO hunter will never use their products again.
chip-don
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 1 204

Post by chip-don »

to those of us that shoot small things at long distances the story that a trained sniper could shoot a bystander by accident was too much at the time and after all these years still is//
a bad day hunting is better than a GOOd day ////
cracker

Post by cracker »

very interesting, Thanks for keeping us informed. this is why I spend so much time on these forums.
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Post by Bunnybuster »

I think that you misstate the incident when you say: "shot Vicki Weaver in the head while she stood in the doorway of her house, the only thing that she was holding was her baby!"

He spotted Randy Weaver, and Kevin Harris, both of whom were armed outside of the house. He engaged them hitting Weaver. Harris fled, ans was trying to re-enter the house through the door. The round fired on Harris, did a through and through on Harris, went through the door, and struck Vicki Weaver, who was behind the door and not in the line of sight.

Should he have taken a shot on a running target? They are iffy, but he was the man on the trigger, who knew his skills, and the conditions.

Was he trigger happy? Can't say.

He engaged two targets both of whom were armed, and on the "shoot" list. Through a fluke chain of events, and circumstance he killed a "nonhostile".

Did the BATF have a reason to be there in the first place? Not in my mind, but I don't know all the facts. Irrespective of what I think, they were there with a valid warrant, so they had convinced a Judge they had enough probable cause to issue it.

Responsibility for the whole thing, in my mind, drops back to Randy Weaver, who refused to allow them to serve a valid warrant to search his property. Had he respected the rule of law in the beginning, things would have been over in a few hours with out injury to anyone.

Instead he chose to ignore the warrant, and started a chain of events, that rapidly went sideways.
KIM204
.204 Ruger Guns: kimber pro varmint 204 ruger

Post by KIM204 »

Crazy2medic H-S has NOT PUT THIS PERSON ON THERE PAYROLL !!!!! I talked to Josh he is there sales manger for H-S and he told me that there is NO TRUE to the BS thats on this forum! :!:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Kim: Thanks for posting. I could not imagine H-S Precision hiring such a controversial individual such as Horuchi.

To me, that sounded like Remington hiring Schumer for their PR man......NOT! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

Post by crazy2medic »

H-S catalogue, who wrote the full page endorsement on the back????
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
KIM204

Post by KIM204 »

I have that catalogue. SO there does it say that he is a spokes person for H-S, on there payroll? All I read out of it is that the FBI , out of all the gun manufacturers they picked H-S to replace all of the aging sniper rifles with in the FBI. :?
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Is there any news articles available? I must have missed this story.
KIM204

Post by KIM204 »

No some one just started this BS with no reel facts! :!:
KIM204

Post by KIM204 »

No some one just started this BS with no reel facts! :!:
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

But why would they even want that kind of press? Sounds like a bad business decision to me.
Here's the wiki. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lon_Horiuchi
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

KIM204, HSPrecision may not have hired Horiuchi, but using HIM, of all people, as a person to endorse their wares is not a good choice. He should have been thrown in prison for his actions, not endorsing HS Precision products.
People can blame Randy Weaver all they like, and deservedly so, for his actions, but NEVER, EVER forget that the government started that fight, they entrapped him in a shady sawn-off shotgun deal (that later turned out to be perfectly legal!), to get him to spy on his neighbors. He refused, and they concocted the mess that became Ruby Ridge.
There's plenty of blame for both sides on this whole mess, but the lion's share belongs to the US Government there, and it was proven in court.

As far as HS goes, they won't get any of my money, ever again. Putting Horiuchi's endorsement on the cover of their catalog shows they have no sense whatsoever, either business or common.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
K22

Post by K22 »

glenn asher wrote:KIM204, HSPrecision may not have hired Horiuchi, but using HIM, of all people, as a person to endorse their wares is not a good choice. He should have been thrown in prison for his actions, not endorsing HS Precision products.
People can blame Randy Weaver all they like, and deservedly so, for his actions, but NEVER, EVER forget that the government started that fight, they entrapped him in a shady sawn-off shotgun deal (that later turned out to be perfectly legal!), to get him to spy on his neighbors. He refused, and they concocted the mess that became Ruby Ridge.
There's plenty of blame for both sides on this whole mess, but the lion's share belongs to the US Government there, and it was proven in court.

As far as HS goes, they won't get any of my money, ever again. Putting Horiuchi's endorsement on the cover of their catalog shows they have no sense whatsoever, either business or common.
I agree!!!