Kimber Model 84 Pro Varmint

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
FireBallGuy
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger

Kimber Model 84 Pro Varmint

Post by FireBallGuy »

Has anyone out there got one of these? Now that I work for cabelas canada I am eye balling a new toy and about all I like is this kimber. Pick it up every day and just see one slick little riffle. It will be in 204 of coarse. How are the triggers on these guns? Is the barrel floated? And last but certainly not least.......how well do they shoot? Would appreciate any comments anyone has out there. Thanks.
Remington Model 700 SPS 17 Remington Fireball Nikon Buckmaster 6-18X40SF, Remington Model 700 VSF 204 Ruger Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO, Savage Model 12 FVSS .22-250 Remington Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24X40AO
Big Deezul
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber pro varmint

Re: Kimber Model 84 Pro Varmint

Post by Big Deezul »

I know this is an older post, but I do have one of these and love it. By far my favorite rifle of all I have ever owned.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

FBGuy: Although I've yet to shoot my new Kimber 84M Varmint in 204 (working on test loads via the ladder method now), I can say that these rifles are very professionally glass bedded with what appears to be Accraglass, with the proper 2" of barrel chamber support, pillar bedded, and the balance of the barrel is free-floated. I'm guess that the Pro Varmint would be no different from the Varmint model.

Everyone I've talked to with experience with these rifles have all said they are extremely accurate for a semi-production rifle. Guess we'll see soon. Film at 11:00.....
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

My skinny barreled Montana in 260 will put 3 real close together........

If the folks at kimber would ever make a montana in 204, it would be a real sweet coyote calling rifle. Can't beat carrying a 6 pounder all day.......

But for a walk around skwirl or PD rig, that fluted barreled beauty is real tempting.. Hope you are as pleased with your new toy, Rick, as I am with my Miss Kimberly. Don