Stolen from Eric Mayer's Varminter.com, Cooper and Obama

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Stolen from Eric Mayer's Varminter.com, Cooper and Obama

Post by glenn asher »

WASHINGTON — Dan Cooper, a proud member of the National Rifle Association, has backed Republicans for most of his life. He's the chief executive of Cooper Arms, a small Montana company that makes hunting rifles.

Cooper said he voted for George W. Bush in 2000, having voted in past elections for every Republican presidential nominee back to Richard Nixon. In October 1992, he presented a specially made rifle to the first President. Bush during a Billings campaign event.

This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.
_____________________________________________________________-

Fellas, make your own judgements. I can tell you that any plans I might have entertained about buying a Cooper in the future, are now shot to ummm, errr......... spit. :eew:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Hawkeye Joe

Re: Stolen from Eric Mayer's Varminter.com, Cooper and Obama

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

OUCH... Talk about biting the hand that feeds. My dog is smarter than that :loser: . Here's a little joke for ya. Little Johnny went to school today and participated in a voting exercise. His teacher asked "are you a Republican or Democrat" Johnny replied " I'm a Republican" . The teacher asked "why's that". Johnny said " Because my mom and dad are both Republicans" The teacher then said "well that's not a good reason, what if your dad's a moron and your mom's a idiot. Johnny said " then I'd vote for Obama.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Here is a page from Coopers website explaining the above donations.

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Glen, thanks for posting their response. I thought I was going to have to give up on my plan to get a Cooper.
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Right now, I don't know if I'm a proud Cooper firearms owner, or an embarrased one. I've sent my e-mail to them expressing my views, prior to them posting their statement.
Probably damage control on Dan's part. However, I would bet that the employees at Cooper have very differing political views than Dan (or at least I hope so).
They make some great rifles, would be a shame for their company to go down the tubes due to his views and statements (if they are indeed true). I'll stay tuned to see how this plays out.
ImageImage
Glen

Post by Glen »

New developments. If this is all true then it's a real shame.

http://www.varminter.com/forums/index.p ... opic=13303

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Post by Bunnybuster »

So, he gave money to Obama so he could defeat Hillary.

He gives more money to McCain and the RNC.

Back when I was in college, the candidate could keep surplus campaign contributions. I went to college with a guy who paid his way running as a Democrat, in a district that was 80% Republican. Large businesses gave him thousands on the off chance the Republican candidate might get hit by lightning, or get caught molesting the neighbor kids, and he might win.

It is called long term strategy.
willyp19
.204 Ruger Guns: REM 700 Custom Predator / Varmint, REM 700 VS

Post by willyp19 »

According to this he has only give to Obama...Not McCain!

http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

Small companies can move very fast when necessary, as the Board of Directors at Cooper have proven already :!:

Just posted on website.

In response to the recent article highlighting Dan Cooper’s personal political donations, the board of directors, shareholders and employees of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc would like to issue the following statement.

The employees, shareholders and board of directors of Cooper Firearms of Montana do not share the personal political views of Dan Cooper.

Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms.

The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc.

Daily operations will continue with the competent staff currently in place in Stevensville, MT producing the finest, most accurate rifles money can buy.

Dan Cooper has spent all of his working life producing the highest quality rifles built here in the USA. He started with nothing but the American Dream and built that into firearms company anyone would be proud of. We firmly believe Dan stands by the 2nd amendment.
We wish him all of the best in his future pursuits.
-----------------------------------------------------------

All the best to Cooper Firearms and it's hardworking, dedicated employees and shareholders, who apparently brook no nonsense!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/e ... sted_N.htm

As of now, and forevermore, Coopers are not on my list of aspirational rifles, period. If I really want a .20 VarTarg, I'll just have to build one on an existing rifle, same with a .17 Ackley Hornet.
markislive78
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore

Post by markislive78 »

:D

:doh:

T/C Encore, 26'' .204 Ruger Bull Barrel, Grey Laminate Thumbhole Stock, Trigger Job, Pillar Bedded Fore-End, Nikon 6.5-20 x 44AO Monarch Illuminated Mil-Dot
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Thank You Mark. Two of the best cartoons I've seen in awhile.
I'm wondering just how much that priceless humor is going to cost us if Obama makes it.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Glen

Post by Glen »

jo191145 wrote:Thank You Mark. Two of the best cartoons I've seen in awhile.
I'm wondering just how much that priceless humor is going to cost us if Obama makes it.

50% of our wages. :wall:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
markislive78
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore

Post by markislive78 »

Ya know more folks have died in Chicago than the war in Iraq this year. If he can't take care of his own state how can he take care of an entire nation? If he wins there will be no more flying under the liberal media radar, he will be under a microscope just like Bush. There is always impeachment and let's not forget what happened to JFK. I don’t like either guy but I'll take hemorrhoids over herpes.
T/C Encore, 26'' .204 Ruger Bull Barrel, Grey Laminate Thumbhole Stock, Trigger Job, Pillar Bedded Fore-End, Nikon 6.5-20 x 44AO Monarch Illuminated Mil-Dot
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I live in the BIG government,HIGHEST TAXED, No job, broke ash state in the nation. People are leaving in droves. Thanks for NOTHING :eew: Hillary :eew: ! BUT, we always have handouts on hand when other states refuse. They'll do anything for a vote. The Democrats bankrupt us. If they reach their slimy little paws any deeper in my pockets, I'll sue for sexual harassment. If Nobama/Robin hood/Dem puppet gets in :cry: , Welcome to the neighborhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :not: HOW CAN WE BE SO BLIND :wall:
Does anybody know why the 2nd amendment was put in the constitution....... It wasn't to protect us from foreign governments. It was to protect us from the beast within.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition