Texa$ Hunting Licen$e

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Texa$ Hunting Licen$e

Post by skipper »

Each and every year I'm shocked at the cost of a hunting fishing license in Texas.

Texas Super Combo Hunting/Fishing License with:
Federal Duck Stamp
Public Hunting Permit

Total - $127.00

How much do you pay?
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Texa$ Hunting Licen$e

Post by Glen »

It's everywhere Skipper!!
Ohio

Must have $19 general hunting tag.
Deer-- $24/tag(3 in my zone) plus the optional antlerless $15/tag. (3 in my Zone)
Spring Turkey-- $24/tag(2 Bearded birds) & $24 for 1 anything goes Fall turkey tag.
I think the FurTakers is up to $15 now too.

So for me the minimum is $106. Thats not even a fishing liscense or any duck stamps of any kind. The only thing that irritates me is that the Farmers raise the wildlife here & they get nothing in return for it. :wall: Unless you include the crop damage. :(
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Ya' gotta' pay to play..... It could be a lot worse.

If you use the two licenses (hunting and fishing) much at all, and even including the duck stamp and the public hunting permit, it becomes pretty cheap entertainment. For a comparison, go to a movie once a week and add that up at the end of the year.

JMO - BCB
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Post by sniper model 12 »

BUT. . . .in Ohio

If you are a property owner you do not have to purchase a hunting license or tags for deer. (I don't hunt birds)

As for myself, I have my property = no tag required
my parents property = no tags required
my grandparents property = no tags required

I do by a license and a tag to hunt at the inlaws if I haven't filled my land owner's tags yet. I think you still have to pay the $15 for the 3 extra antlerless tags. You cannot bag them on the landowner's permit.

What does the license / tag money go toward? That may be something to consider.
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Post by Bunnybuster »

In most states the Fish and Game Dept, or whatever the state calls it, gets little if any revenue from the general fund. They are entirely supported by license and tag fees.

From those fees they typically have to: pay the staff; pay the rent, and heat/cool the offices; fuel the trucks; investigate poaching, and prosecute the poachers; work with land owners to acquire access for sportsmen to hunt and fish on; build boat ramps, and shooting ranges; teach hunter's education classes; host fishing classes; manage all the wildlife in the state, not just the ones that can be fished or hunted, because a healthy ecosystem is necessary to support the game species.

So, they almost always are cash strapped, and need avery penny they can manage to get. If you really want to know where your license and tag dollars go, call or write the Dept. and ask them. Most departments have a brochure that explains what they do with the money.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Purchased my firearm deer permit and general hunting license today.

General license - $16.00
Deer firearm license - $28.00

No kidding, but it has been 25 years since I have shot a deer.
happy shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 11 / ruger target gray

Post by happy shooter »

Pa tags
resident adult hunting licence- $20.00 (1 buck & 1 spring turkey & 1 fall turkey & small game)
Archery stamp $16.00
Bear tag $16.00
muzzleloader stamp $ 11.00
antlerless tag $ 6.00 each x2
Not too bad of a price to hunt for all year
Non resident tags this year
South Dakota varmint $42.00 ( had a great time shot lots of dogs )
Ohio 3 day fishing $12.00 ???? ( plus charter boat & only 3 fish) still beats working
Wyoming antelope $ 272.00 ( 1 st week of October hope to have a Great time)
Price of all the tags & fees well worth it to me for all the fun I have or will have. It is the cost of fuel for travel that seems to make it tougher.
sixshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger number 1

Post by sixshooter »

Idaho sporstsmans package is $117.25 it includes small game and big game hunting, fishing, deer, elk, bear, mt. lion, turky, salmon and steelhead. Does not include special draw permit costs. Does not include migratory bird or federal stuff. You have to have a hound hunter permit that is $11 or there abouts if you use dogs.
sixshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger number 1

Post by sixshooter »

This got me to thinking which is dangerous. I just found a 1977 Idaho requlations for big game. It is printed on two sides of a 30 by 30 inch paper then folded like a roadmap. The regs. include a map of units and a legal description of all of them. It also includes all opening days and seasons and restrictions. Now the big game regs are 90 pages long. Just the section on deer in the 2008 regs dwarfs the 1977 regs.