Chrony F1 or Alpha Remote

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Chrony F1 or Alpha Remote

Post by Bunnybuster »

Does anyone have the remote for the Chrony Alpha or F1, and a multimeter? I have the F1 Master, and don't really see the need to have a bunch of extra wire cluttering up the bench.

From what I can see on the catalog, all it consists of is a momentary contact switch, wire, and a couple of 1/8-inch mini plugs.

Can anyone tell me: Is it a momentary contact switch? Which contacts on the plug are used?

I know I can buy the parts locally and wire one up with out issue. And, that if I order one, it will be at least a week getting here.

I am also considering opening up the brain box, to see if there is enough room to install a momentary contact switch where the plug for the remote is.

Thanks, Randy
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Chrony F1 or Alpha Remote

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Randy:
I have the Chrony Beta, and you are right, the 'remote' is simply a short piece of PVC pipe with the small momentary switch installed at one end, the other has a pipe cap. I used mine once when I first got it years ago, have not used it since, as I can see the display on the Chrony easily from my bench, and like you, I didn't want all the clutter on my bench.

I'd order without it, and as you seem to be familiar with such doings, would fabricate my own if you feel the need. Not rocket science for sure. You're on the right track. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bunnybuster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger No. 1

Re: Chrony F1 or Alpha Remote

Post by Bunnybuster »

Just in case someone else needs to know, and finds this thread in a search:

The connector is a standard 1/8-in stereo plug. The tip is the printer, the second band is the remote control, and the third or base is common for both the printer and the remote.