OFF TOPIC But I had to pass this along

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

OFF TOPIC But I had to pass this along

Post by skipper »

Besides hunting one of my favorite sports is fishing. Imagine that! I ordered a new #30 reel Monday and it arrived yesterday. The brand name is AVET. They are made in California and are a real value. I going to take mine out on the 30th for a little 12 hr. offshore adventure. I'm passing this information along because of how impressed I am with this reel and the company. If you enjoy big game fishing, you ought to check out this bargain. I paid $200 for my reel through J&H Closeout in New York. They even threw in 800 yards of Yo Shuri #20 fluoro carbon line.

In a world where Penn reigns supreme, it's nice to find a true bargain. They make all the popular sizes from #16 -#80 and they even make left hand reels. That's right no charge like you would have to shell out to have your Penn International converted. Avet's popularity is growing so you might want to act quickly. I give a full report when I get back, if you like???

Last edited by skipper on Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Ruger No. 1
.204 Ruger Guns: XR-100 Ruger No. 1 Savage 16

Re: OFF TOPIC But I had to pass this along

Post by Ruger No. 1 »

Nice reel, never seen one here in missouri. I have 3 Penn 49's that I use for snagging though. :)
jo191145

Re: OFF TOPIC But I had to pass this along

Post by jo191145 »

My best day fishing is when the fish laugh at me so hard they drown and I'm able to grab one before it goes under.

That sure looks like a nice piece of machinery for 200 bucks though. If I knew what to do with it I'd buy one.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .