HELP

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
JD11
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter low profile

HELP

Post by JD11 »

Hopefully someone can help me out. Each and every time I visit the site I am NOT logged in even though I always click the "Keep me automatically logged in" box.
Next problem, the majority of the time after clicking on a post then clicking the "Back" button on the browser I get a "Page Expired" page like the 404 Error page instead of going back to the threads on the forum. Then when I go back to the forum, I'm automatically logged out time after time.
Third, I manually log in, after which your site does showed that I am, I replied to a post, hit "Submit" then got a totally blank page. When I got back to the forum, my post was not in the thread. I had to log in again, posted again, and got the same result, this happens time after time. When I first joined your site I had no problems, they started about a month or so ago.
Today I re-registered under a new screen name and to add to the problem, I missread the age section and clicked the "under 18" side---my fault. However, all of a sudden today, I am able to post under my old screen name so I don't know where to put this but here.
To add to the mix, 3 times I've Emailed the above message by clicking on this site's bottom page Email adress (info@rugerhunting.com) and every time I get a Microsoft Outlook message stating "address error-undeliverable" or words to that affect. Any help would be appreciated.
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Re: HELP

Post by Mike »

I'm having the same problem staying logged in each time I return to the site. I haven't had any of the other problems that you've mentioned though.
JD11

Post by JD11 »

I'm replying basically to see if my post goes through. I was wondering if someone was banned from the site with a screen name close to mine and someone hit a wrong key and I was sent down the crapper by mistake! :(
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

Yup-same thing here. Just logged in again to answer your post. If I wanted to respond to another post in 2 minutes I would have to log in again even tho the keep me logged in box is checked. The email address thats posted is pretty much non-functional. Dave
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Don't feel bad, fellas, I have the same problems, not the log-in hassles, though I HAVE had them, but I can't use the "back" button" without getting a 404 message. We are having some serious issues with this software, and it ain't just you. :(
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
JD11

Post by JD11 »

Aha, thank you Glenn. For your convenience in the mean time, I found that if you go to the bottom right and hit the "go" button instead of the browser return you can go back successfully without getting the ERROR page.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Everything works fine on my end. :chin:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

Seems to working fine for me. Could it be browser related? I'm using Firefox.
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

There are some bugs in the current software which includes the logged-in problem. Hopefully, they will come up with a fix soon.

Brian
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

I just updated to the latest release of the software. Let me know if this alleviates any of the problems.

Brian
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

test

edit: It seems to work fine.
204Shooter

Post by 204Shooter »

OK. I just did a lot of testing and research and this is what I found out.

If you are having problems with always having to login even after you have said to "Log me on automatically each visit", try this:

Always use "www.204ruger.com/forum" to access the forum.

There are actually two ways to reach the forum; ie http://www.rugerhunting.com and http://www.204ruger.com. Cookies on your computer store the login information which inturn determines whether or not you are logged in. Cookies can only be stored in ONE of these paths (rugerhunting.com or 204ruger.com). I set ours to be 204ruger.com.

If you are using Firefox, my testing has indicated that you will still probably be able to use "204ruger.com" or "rugerhunting.com". But if your are using Internet Explorer, you will have to use "www.204ruger.com/forum" for your login state to be remembered.

Don't forget to update your bookmarks if they exist.

If you are still having problems, try deleting your cookies in your browser.

Thanks,

Brian
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Brian, thanks for keeping up with this board! You Da Man! Gary