R I O, Good to see you back

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

R I O, Good to see you back

Post by futuretrades »

Hey Rick, really good to see you are back on the forum. Hope all is going very well, and you are healing up. Sorry we did not get to meet this past weekend, but i believe you were there in spirit, and we were thinking of you, especially when squirrels were being blown to bits. :eek: everyone over at the fields thinks very highly of you. I could tell by the way their conversations went. lots of kidding around, :lol: but with the utmost respect for you.

Thanks for inviting me. Gary and Dan, really made me feel welcome. :D I guess I am now an honorary member of the Eastern Oregon Raptor Feeding Society. Got my hat, and met some really great guys! Even though the wind destroyed my shade. :mad:

Sorry, I didn't get this posted a little sooner. had to catch up on a few things i put off until after the weekend. I did't take any pictures this past weekend, as Dan and Gary were taking a lot of pictures. Hope to see some of them posted here on the forum.

Thanks Rick
Kevin (futuretrades curly)
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: R I O, Good to see you back

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hey Kevin, glad you were able to get in on the fun at the Rat Rodeo. You can only imagine how bad I wanted to be there. This is the first RR I've missed in the 12 years we've had it at that ranch; I still even have my "First Annual Rat Rodeo T-Shirt" around here somewhere. I was thinking about you guys the entire time.

Dan and Gary stopped by here on their way home and showed me all the photos. I'd imagine Gary (Captqc) will post some of them. It looked like you guys really had your way with Skippy and his pals. ;) From the photos, I could tell you are very well equipped, and no rookie when it comes to efficient long range sniping of our favorite rodent. Sorry to hear about the sun shade mishap....Mother Nature always seems to win.

Don't believe all the things you may have heard about me....I'm not that good of a guy! But seriously, those are a great bunch of guys that will always come through in a pinch for a friend. The support I've received from them and all the guys here on the forum has really moved me. Most of my forum friends I've never met, but I feel a bond that is hard to describe. It appears true riflemen really stick together.

Thanks for the welcome; I'll see you here, and hopefully back in the Rat Patch next summer for the 13th Annual Rat Rodeo. All that ammo I had loaded up, rifles all cleaned and ready for the event, and now I'll just be glad when I can actually fondle a varmint rifle again! Looking at my gutty-whats, seeing over 30 stiches and what happened to me, reminds me of the saying "Tomorrow is promised to no one".......live well and true, take life one day at a time. Thanks again.

Here's a shot of part of the crew at the 12th Annual Rat Rodeo from last year:

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Rick good to see back on the key board. Hope your recovering well.
Sure hope things get better and your able to handle one of your favorit long guns. Ya I know your Kimbers are always by your side. Right!
:eek: Here's a shot of part of the crew at the 12th Annual Rat Rodeo from last year:
The pic shows a great bunch of guys having a real good time. I bet there's a lot of knowledge there too.
Good to see you back. Take care!
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Great to see you back Rick!! :wink: That rat rodeo will be around next year & you will really be chompin at the bit then buddy!! Plus you'll have 3x the rds everybody else has!! :wink:

You just keep mending & take care of yourself!! You gave everybody here a good case of the "WTH's"!! We missed you!!

Get Well Soon & I hope your Family has calmed down as well. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

+1. Good to see ya back :D
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Good to see your up and about Rick. It's nice to see ya back here.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Thanks guys for the support, I really mean it. It's good to BE back!

Glen: Yep, I was really looking forward to the Rat Rodeo, and having 3X the amount of loaded up 204 and other varmint ammo is cool for next year, but in truth, right now I'd rather have 700 rounds of empty 204 brass on the bench and the memories that went with getting them empty! I think this whole thing was some kind of rodent plot! :lol: Tricky little buggers!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I bet it was too Rick!! Evil little devil rats anyhow!! :wall:

Next year you'll have to leave no rat standing then!!
:lol: :lol:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
cracker

Post by cracker »

Rick glad to see you back.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Hi Guys, yup I will post pics of the Great Rat Rodeo soon. I just got back home from a cross country drive. Captqc
Steve V
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint, Ruger 77 V/T

Post by Steve V »

Rick,
Good to see your'e back up and on the mend. I really like your article in VHM. I own two 204s, and three Sakos, but don't have a 204 in a Sako...yet. Your article put a bug in me to start saving for one. Get real well soon and get back out into the varmint fields.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Steve: Thanks.......It's good to BE back, believe me. As for a Sako in 204, you may be able to find one of the discontinued Model 75 Varmints in 204 on the used market, otherwise you'll have to order a Model 85 now, and I'm told the 204 Varmint model is like finding chicken lips.

Whistlepig here may know more about this, as he's got a few Sako's, and is a regular and knowlegeable fellow here on the 204um. I'll say this; my Sako 204 is the most accurate factory rifle I've ever owned, and has the best factory trigger I've ever experienced.....ever.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA