Taking a moment to brag

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Pydpiper
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka Varmint

Taking a moment to brag

Post by Pydpiper »

Thought I would take a break from my neighborhood fox, give him a chance to forget about all the whistling sounds going over his head and post a couple photos of my son on the range.
I bought him this rifle when he was 4, he is 5 in the photo, turned 6 this weekend. It is a Cricket, .22 bolt, single shot. He shoots a lot in our 50 yard range at home, and quite often at our local club, where he is a member. It is always interesting to watch the "senior" members raise their eyebrows when they see a 5 year old dragging in his gun case on to the range. The looks of concern quickly melt away when they watch him unzip the case and prepare his station like he has been doing it for 20 years. Then comes a whole new buzz when he starts to cycle his rifle. :D

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Re: Taking a moment to brag

Post by Ray P »

A moment to brag!! Nothing wrong with that! You have a son that is willing to learn and learn the proper way. Way to go with safety glasses ear protection. His smile said it all.
Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.
Later
Ray P :wink:
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

piper: That's not bragging, just a very good share!

Kudo's to your son and to you too, for being a great dad and bringing up your son in the responsible use of firearms. Those young-un's are the future of the sport. I only wish many of the kids in our inner cities had dads like you. The smile on your sons face says it all.

Great post, thanks for sharing! :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

heikki02003
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV

Post by heikki02003 »

That's great!
Kids who hunt and fish with family stay out of trouble. Keep up the good work piper.
Thanks for sharing
Kyle
K_Hini

Post by K_Hini »

Thats good to see that!! I can't wait for my nephew to get old enough to buy him a gun!!! (isn't born yet)

Your kid shoots better than I do!!!

kyle