Rain won't stop

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
cracker

Rain won't stop

Post by cracker »

Dear fellow 204 shooters
I am getting sick of the rain. I have what I belive is a great load for the 35 grain bergers and loaded up 200 of them just to see how they work. the last range trip proved them to shoot better then me. however we have been getting hit real hard by rain and now I can't even get to any spots that I shoot at. one range is under water by 2 to 3 feet. the other has all roads closed so i cant get there and the other spot has the road washed out. I am going nuts I NEED the smell of burnt powder, the crack of the rifle, the feel of the trigger is starting to leave my finger. any one no how to help the addiction when you can't shoot. I have reloaded 500 rounds for the 44 mag revolver and 200 for the 204. these are the only two guns I reload for at the time so maybe its time to go get a die set for the 223.
need help fast please give me any ideas so i can keep my sanity. I thought about using a boat at the underwater range but thought it might not be stable for load development.
Please help
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
LeeC

Re: Rain won't stop

Post by LeeC »

UPS me your stuff. I'll send back a smokey shirt. I'm on the Illinois side of the Mississippi, and the Iowegians are catching heck too. Maybe you can kill some time musky fishing on the roads.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

cracker, come on up to Antigo. We got a 300yd range to shoot at and it's open to any boddy. And it high and dry even with all the rain we have had last week.
cracker

Post by cracker »

Lee
thanks for the invite buddy when I find some time to get away I will take you up on that offer.
do you have any good yote spots up there in the far north. lets try to get together some time and have fun with those 204's. maybe try to put together a cheese head shoot or something.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

cracker, your more than welcome to come up for some shooting any time. There are coyotes just about any place you go around here. As for puting a shoot to gether, most people around here wouldn't know a 204 from a shot gun. You can't even buy 204 ammo around here. But let me know if your ever going to make it up this way will go out and do some shooting.