BUYERS BEWARE !!!!!!!!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
ulen mn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

BUYERS BEWARE !!!!!!!!

Post by ulen mn »

Just a little heads up to anyone who may be concidering buying anything from Blackblue AKA Derek Mews of Siloam springs Arkansas I purchased the Rem 17 that he had posted here for 750.00 plus 25.00 s/h my check cleared the bank the end of April and still have not recieved the gun or anything that was suposed to come with it. You can find what I bought under the swap meet on this website I am holding out hope that I havent gotton screwed out of 775.00 but dont want anyone else to fall victim to this guy if it was a screw job. I have PM him a couple of times and havent heard from him in a while now and have one PM that is still in my out box this kind of thing pisses me off that you have faith in a person carry out your end of the deal and get it without vassiline in the end.
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: BUYERS BEWARE !!!!!!!!

Post by acloco »

Have you called his local PD yet?
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

Or, sent in the goon squad to break his knees?.......
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Wasn't he the fella that was ripping people off with his brass sales?
ulen mn

Post by ulen mn »

I never thought about calling the local pd department think that I have a chance of them doing anything about this?? as far as the brass sales I dont know but would be interestead in hearing from anyone that may have delt with this guy before and how they faired out.
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Rick, you can also get the post office involved, have them start a mail fraud investigation against the guy. Hope it works out okay. Gary
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

His local PD will be VERY interested in that he is trying to commit a felony (usually, anything over $500 in theft is a felony in every state).
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

Good luck. Bout 10 years ago a guy cancelled a cashiers check on me for a $3,500+ fluke scanner in Flordia. After months and months (about 6) of dealing with the post office, and the local and state police, it took a road trip to his front door to get my money. Things may be differant now, but back then they didn't want to do diddly.
ulen mn

Post by ulen mn »

According to my local sherrif and the police and sherrif in arkansas this is a civil matter and has to be taken to civil court due to the fact that it was a transaction between two private individuals and one individual did not hold up his end of the bargan. But on a higher note the postal service conciders it postal fraud due to the fact that I sent the check through the mail and wants me to fill out a fraud complaint so that they can investigate this incident. Just gose to show that no matter how honest you are there might be someone that you are dealing with that is just out for your money I still hold hope that blackblue will come through on this deal (must be the try and see good in all people in me ) and in that event I will let everyone know that he is alright just slow shipper.
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Postal Inspectors are nobody to fool with, if the other guy doesn't come clean with them, it'll be a Federal crime, and that's a big deal. Keep after it with the post office, they should be able to get some action for you.

I'm surprised that the local sheriff to blackblue hasn't been apprised of his actions in other instances, sometimes they go the extra mile and make a visit to the miscreant, and get them to "do the right thing". Of course, right now, most everyone has tight budget constraints to deal with, and they may not have the money to send someone out for a 'visit'.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Njanear
.204 Ruger Guns: NEF

Post by Njanear »

Watch it turn out that he is a Sheriff's Deputy or something like that.. :(

I hope this gets straightened out for you...
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

According to my local sherrif and the police and sherrif in arkansas this is a civil matter and has to be taken to civil court due to the fact that it was a transaction between two private individuals and one individual did not hold up his end of the bargan. But on a higher note the postal service conciders it postal fraud due to the fact that I sent the check through the mail and wants me to fill out a fraud complaint so that they can investigate this incident.
Wow, I guess it hasn't changed in 10 years. That means you will have to GO there to file it.

Did you not get a phone number and talk with him over the phone? If you didn't shame on you! I hope you did not send the money to a P.O Box, cause unless you have a friend in the post office or law enforcement, it's next to impossible to find that information short of hanging out at the post office waiting for someone to access that box. Yeah, don't ask.

I really hope for your sake this guy is just having issue's and not able to complete your transaction. But if he is ripping you off, follow the law the best you can. If you sent a cashiers check you have up to 90 days to list it stolen or lost, if you sent a personal check your sol if it has cleared.

If it turns sour, all i can say is "road trip".
blackblue
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage predator hunter

Post by blackblue »

All is taken care of, never inteded to scam him and havent everything was shipped today. Between my internet being down, work and a new baby stuff slipped my mind.

WrzWaldo I dont know anything about any brass. Wasnt me and dont know where you came up with that from.
ulen mn

Post by ulen mn »

OK here is my appoligy to black blue I am truely sorry if I have given you a black eye on this web site by making this post if all has been shipped then I should recieve everything begining of next week and will let all know it is here in minnesota. I was just concerned when corespondence was lost and time became longer than I felt was nessesary so to make sure that no one else fell prey I put the word out once agian I am sorry for any hard feelings that I may have created on this deal by posting BUYERS BEWARE.. Rick AKA ulen MN

This is the last e-mail I recieved today (6/4/08) from black blue

Sorry about the delay I asked my wife to send it out after we last spoke, which it aparantly slipped her mind and I didnt thing anything of it when I got back in off the road. I got in again last night and it will be shipped out today.

Again I am sorry out internet has been down due to lightning and being busy with work and the new baby just had my mind on other stuff.
Rick AKA Ulen MN
NRA Life Member
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

blackblue wrote:All is taken care of, never inteded to scam him and havent everything was shipped today. Between my internet being down, work and a new baby stuff slipped my mind.

WrzWaldo I dont know anything about any brass. Wasnt me and dont know where you came up with that from.
There was a fella outta AR that was scamming folks on brass. Had several different user ID's on many of the shooting forums.