Shilen barrel lead time

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
LeeC

Shilen barrel lead time

Post by LeeC »

Received new Shilen yesterday right at 16 wks, as I was told. Apparently their adding a second shift didn't cut the time down as they hoped, due to the great demand for Savage drop-ins. I got mine through Accuracy Arms, $259 for a SS 28" match S7 varmint contour. If you look over at savageshooters.com, there's a dealer, Northlander, that has a lot of drop-ins in stock, both Shilen and McGowen as well as Savage take-offs and Savage actions.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Shilen barrel lead time

Post by glenn asher »

I can vouch for Northlander's good and very quick service, too. Be careful when you call, he'll talk yer ear off yer head :lol: . He might be doing credit cards now, he wasn't a couple of years ago when I ordered my .204 barrel from him. He sent the barrel before receiving my check, which was very nice of him. Jim's a good guy.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

I'm at twenty weeks and still waiting for my Shilen 6BR :( I think its time I call them and twist a few tails.

Jims a great guy offering a great service with great service. Where would us Savage nuts be without him?
Jims taking credit cards now. He charges a small extra fee for using them but I consider it expedited shipping.

Seems Glenn was schmoozy enough to get expedited shipping with a check. :lol:
Maybe, just maybe he wrapped it up and sent it just to get Glen off the phone :lol:

Actually when Jim has the time he definitely will keep a conversation going.
If he's rushing off somewhere you can usually end the call in 45 minutes or so ;)

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
madracer

Post by madracer »

im coming up to 7 months so i think thats almost 30 weeks, thats waitng on a 6mm and 6.5mm 8 contour ss select match barrel.

not sure how much time is up to shilen and how much is up to my gun shop.
LeeC

Post by LeeC »

Madracer, PM sent.
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson