Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Glen »

To all the new guys I missed here,,,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
CooperRandall
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix - DTECH AR15

Post by CooperRandall »

Hello all.

Chad
Last edited by CooperRandall on Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum Chad!! Looking forward to seeing some piled up critters!! :mrgreen:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

MD601: Mark - Seaforth Highlander's Crest....w/stag...yes, that's the one.

Besides being worn during the war by my grandad, it goes with me everywhere to this day on my "don't shoot me" red bandanna on my huntin' hat. I'm also convinced it brought me luck surviving Vietnam, as it did for my grandfather who also came home like me, mostly whole after his war.

A proud regiment, and I'm proud to wear it today in his honor.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

MD601
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by MD601 »

Rick,
That's the one!
I've also got my fathers old cap badge.
Long may it continue to keep you safe. 8)

Mark.
WY-NEvarmints
.204 Ruger Guns: AR 204

Post by WY-NEvarmints »

Howdy everybody. As I stated in a reply on a post that I have already made (afew actually) I have been digging through this forum for awhile now and after seeing that this site is full of positive attitude and oodles of knowledge in the things I love..... I registered. After a few LONG days of waiting for that nasty little glitch to get cleared up that is. I shoot an H&R Ultra Varmint Fluted in 204, haven't had it for long but have definately fell in love with it already. I have not started to reload for it yet so not sure which load it will perform the best with, but that will come. Seems to like the heavier V-Max over the lighter ones but tends to shoot the Winchester 34 GR. JHP pretty decently. Picked up a box of the 45 GR. Hornadys but have not put in through it yet. I have eradicated plenty of Pdogs with this little outfit already. Work was way too time consuming this winter and I never made time to call a yote in to see how she would handle it, however that is the main reason that I purchased this rifle. I have it topped with a 6X18X40mm Burris FullField that seems to go hand in hand with this rifle. Glad to be here and get to view all these goods. I did get some pic's posted tonight but did not get the actual pic to post, just the link to photobucket. Works, I just like seeing the picture instead of the link. Any suggestions as to what I did wrong or can do next time?

I enjoy any type of hunting and have done it by many different means. I have taken deer, coyotes, a few Pdogs, etc. with different muzzle loaders (the origional front stuffers), attended gunsmithing school, and graduated by gollie, where I built my elk rifle a .338 WM on a Howa 1500 action with a #4 contour Douglas barrel topped with a 3.5X10X50mm Burris (got to tour the Burris factory while I was in the GS'ing school-pretty nice). It has taken several elk, deer, coyotes, Pdogs (you can never be overgunned), etc. I am fortunate enough to live in a pretty Pdog rich enviroment so always have a spot to go for that. And of coarse there are never short on supply of coyotes around here. It really gets my blood pumping to see anyform of local waterfoul or upland birds in my shooting lane, which I probably get to do more of than any other form of hunting/shooting. Pheasant and goose are probably my favorite birds to hunt. Well that is enough to hit anyone with for a 'nice ta meet ya' so thanks to everyone that donates to this site.

Thanks,
Dean
heikki02003
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV

Post by heikki02003 »

Hello folks,
I thought I'd introduce myself. Let's start with the basics. My name is Kyle, I'm 30 years old, and I'm happily married. Currently, I'm living in Saskatchewan Canada. I'm an artist, a sculptor to be exact. I am currently finishing my Masters in Fine Art, my thesis paper and final exhibition will be done this September. I'm originally from Ontario where I grew up in the bush fishing and hunting. Before I moved out west I worked for the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources fighting forest fires. I have been shooting forever... you know, the typical "started out with a BB gun yadda yadda..."
Shooting sports have been a BIG part of my life. I am also an archer and been shooting a bow forever. I shot a bow competitively for many years, both 3D and target shooting. Among some of my awards are OFFSA Champion in target, and winner of the Canadian Nationals in 3D. Unfortunately, all that shooting at such a young age took a tole on my pulling shoulder. The year I won the Nationals I shot 300 arrows everyday. I now have a very loose shoulder joint that doesn't want to stay together. I still shoot a bow regularly, but mostly to sharpen up for hunting... I hunt deer with both a bow and rifle. Practicing enough to remain competitive just hurts too much. So... I am taking up shooting a rifle competitively. My eye and finger still both work :D . I am in the process of assembling the parts to build an F-Class rifle (another topic). Coincidentally, F-Class first became popular here in Canada. It is amazing how much the two shooting sports (archery and highpower) have in common. From meticulous preparation of your equipment and testing, like being a major perfectionist and fussing with the slightest detail, to the mechanics of shooting such as breath control and mental preparation.
Anyways... enough of me rambling. Here is a link to my .204 posted in the "Pictures of your 204" section of this forum. I ramble on there too about what's on that.
http://www.rugerhunting.com/forum/viewt ... &start=105
Thanks for all the help and dedication I have found here, I'm happy to now be a part of it.
Kyle
ultralightshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger m77 markII ultralight

Post by ultralightshooter »

Hey everybody, im 25 from washington state. i like to hunt deer,elk,bear, cougar, coyotes , bobcats, rock chucks, turkey, upland birds and waterfowl. pretty much what ever i can hunt. i bought a ruger m77 markII ultralight for hunting coyotes, bobcats, rockchuck and love it so far. glad to be a memeber on this site, :)
killman
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning A-bolt composite stocker

Post by killman »

Hello Everyone!

Finally able to sign on, thanks to all that help out. I have been viewing the site since I recently purchased a new to me Browning A-bolt comp stalker in a .204. Lots of great info on the site and hoping to learn.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Welcome aboard. Good to see you over here. Lots of good info specific to the 204 here. I started re-loading 2 years ago and basically everything I learned came from this site. How did the powder clean up on the carpet go? :joystick:
Savage Vaporizer
nevadamatt
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 700 adl

Post by nevadamatt »

hello my name is matt and i am brand new to the fourm as of today. i have read so many good things on this fourm thanks for all the info! i am some what new to reloading and its nice to be able to look out to people on this fourm that know so much about reloading, and so much about the 204 also. it has become my favorit gun to shoot i have a 700 rem. toped with a nikon scope . thanks again for all the info.
doctor duck
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa 15001js697o

Post by doctor duck »

Hi, my name is Donald but everyone calls me Duck. I'm 56 years old, a farmer from Mississippi. I just recently acquired my first 204. It's a Howa 1500 Varminter with a 24" heavy barrel and a Hogue stock. I'm still working up some loads. I have some 32 grain V-Max loaded with BL-C(2). I have some 39 grain Sierra Blitzkings on order and plan on trying them out soon. What got my attention with the 204 was a few posts I read on the shooters forum. One of the guys, actually one of the moderators there, posted how he enjoyed watching the hole appear in the target as he shot since the recoil was so slight. Not that I'm afraid of a hard kicker, but I thought that would be pretty cool. I really haven't had my 204 very long but I already have deep feelings ( love) for the 204.
I enjoy hunting, fishing, shooting, and my kids. I found this forum read a bunch of the posts and decided to join in. I reload but I'm relatively new to the hobby. I started out to save a few bucks and ended up neck deep in it. Anyway I look forward to sharing ideas and gathering info here.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum Duck!! If you really wanns see something neat crank the scope down on low & set the target out about 35-50yds. You'll see the hole before you hear the crack. :wink:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
birddog
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Varmint Extreme ordered: expected in Sep/Oct 2008

Post by birddog »

Hi, my name is Mike. I joined the forum a few days ago, but have been reading it for a while now.

I don't have a .204 Ruger yet, but I have one on order. I'm 45 years old and this will be my first gun "with frills". Most of my other guns are very nice, but nothing like a Cooper. I'm not expecting it to arrive until August at the earliest, but I'm having fun figuring out what loading equipment and cleaning equipment to aquire before it arrives. Still working on a scope as well.

I have way too many hobbies for a Dad with 3 relatively young children. I take them camping quite a bit and have had them all shooting .22LRs already.

I shoot competition ATA Trap and do pretty well. That keeps me pretty busy in the summers. I live in Colorado, but go back to my home state of Wisconsin every year for deer season. I've hunted Elk and Deer a few times in CO, but with the kids still too young to hunt, haven't done much of that in the last 10 years. I've got an antelope hunt planned in WY this year (assuming we draw tags).

I have never hunted prairie dogs, but as soon as I figure out a place to go, I want to try that with the new .204 Ruger.

Mike
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Post by WaltherP99 »

Hi guys,

My name is Gary and I currently reside in PA. I'm 29 yrs. old and getting older everyday! :lol: I'm an avid hunter and shooter and I recently got my .204 . Decided to go with a Savage 12 VLP (what can I say, I am a Savage man! :) ) This forum had alot to do with my decision with the .204 . There is a WEALTH of info to be had here.

Welp, I hope that is enough "Intro". I am sure you guys will get to know me along the way!

Thanx for having me and I look forward to talking/learning with you guys.