Cooper Jackson Varminter

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Cooper Jackson Varminter

Post by Big_Bullseye »

Seriously considering buying this rig in 17 Fireball. Already have two .204's and want something different.

Anyone have any experience with this particular model?

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/rifles.ph ... l=17-FB-PX

thanks in advance for your feedback.

PS - this would be my first Cooper.

TB
Doveryai no Proveryai
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Cooper Jackson Varminter

Post by Rick in Oregon »

B_B: I don't own a Cooper.....yet, but I do shoot a Sako Vixen in 17 Mach IV, and whoo-hoo, what a neat, hot, sweet little caliber.

I've never heard a bad word about a Cooper, and combine that with a 17FB, the ballistic twin to the 17M4, and what a great little combo of superlative varmint rifle and fun caliber that would make. I'd say buy it and never look back. If you don't like it for any reason, you won't have to look far to make it go away.

For the record, I also have two 204's, and when I hit the rat patch, my 17M4 always goes along too, it's the perfect combination battery. You know you need that Cooper! ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

TB, if you buy that Cooper I'll be your friend :D and then if you don't like it you can give it to me! :lol: Seriously, I don't own one yet but that's the next rifle on my list. I've never met a Cooper I didn't like. Gary
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Big_Bullseye wrote:PS - this would be my first Cooper.
It won't be your last! :wink:
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

I've got a Cooper Varminter in .204, and it's a real shooter. I'm looking for my next Cooper as we speak. I just can't decide on caliber, but am thinking seriously about a Phoenix mdl in .204. The .204 is really hard to beat in the pd fields, and I've been doing pretty good in our local rifle matches too. You will be happy with a Cooper, trust me.
ImageImage
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

Sold - I just won the Auction on Gunbroker and I will be the proud new owner of a Cooper Jackson Varmint in 17 Fireball. I got it for about $200 less than what Whittaker Guns in Owensboro, KY quoted me on the same gun. Add in the $25 for freight and $25 transfer fee and I am still in good shape. I gave $1301 for it NIB.

Here it is

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=99228352

The pictures don't do it justice, I had him send me some other pictures so I could get a look at the AA Claro Walnut on it, it is pretty.

Now unfortunately I won't be able to get any pictures of it up for at least three weeks as I am getting some major surgery on Wednesday and won't be able to pick it up from my Gun shop for awhile. You can bet the day I get it I'll post them up.

I am pumped.
Doveryai no Proveryai
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Contrats on a great deal on a beautiful rifle. Keep us posted as to how it shoots.
Good luck on your surgery!
ImageImage