Winchester Ammo

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
New Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FLV

Winchester Ammo

Post by New Shooter »

Hi New at this. I just got a Savage 12FLV and although I got several boxes of Hornaday 32gr VMax I also picked up some Winchester 32gr and am having trouble getting them to go down the pipe from the mag.The Hornadays work fine. Was just wondering if anyone else has this problem?
:?
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Re: Winchester Ammo

Post by dannybracy »

Do you mean that the Winchesters are not chambering correctly and the V-Maxes are? Or do you mean they just arent' shooting as well as the v-maxs do? I haven't shot any Win. factory ammo yet but I would assume they would be the same length as the factory v-maxs.

If the Winchesters just arent shooting as well, my Savage LOVES v-maxs and shoots Bergers & Blitzkings also very well, but it HATES Noslers......each guns likes its own little copper pills. -Dan
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223
New Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FLV

Post by New Shooter »

They shoot just fine but they won't start down the tube. If I put them in by hand they work fine ,it's just when I load the mag they don't want to line up straight or something. I'm thinking of loading a few sierra 32s and some Noslers and see what happens with them,I'm not sure if it's because the winchesters have a flatter nose or not.
Just thought it would be a little disconcerting to have a mad PD bearing down on a guy and his bullets won't load
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

New Shooter welcome, I had some trouble about like your haveing when i got my 12fv. What i did was polish the sides of the little ears that hold the bullets in the mag. I'm not sure thats whats going on with your gun. But it's some thing you can try! Let us know what it is when you get it fixed up ok.