Anyone else shoot a Browning?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
killman
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning A-bolt composite stocker

Anyone else shoot a Browning?

Post by killman »

Just wondering if anyone could give me some insight on what these guns like to shoot. Don't know if they would be the same but its a start. Powder? Bullets? COL? I guess I should include it's a .204 Ruger

Thanks
Lee C.

Re: Anyone else shoot a Browning?

Post by Lee C. »

Killman, I've been haveing good luck with the berger 35 and 40gr. berger bullets. With benchmark and h4895 powder's. with a oal of 2.263 lenght out of my 12fv savage. But go to the favorite load page and you'l see alot of load's the guys have tested out and liked on the reloading page. Hope that has helped some.
Taro

Post by Taro »

Killman, I've got a A-bolt Varmint Stalker in .204 that I've been reloading for. Here is my receipt, Case: Hornady, Primer: CCI-BR, Bullet: 35gr Berger Moly, OAL: 2.265, Powder H4895-27.9grs. This is primarily a coyote calling gun but the gun shoots 1/2" groups at 100 yards. Hope this helps.
killman

Post by killman »

I have been hearing a lot of good for berger bullets. I have some 40grn v-max that came with the gun but I think I may look in to the bergers. Thanks for the info.
crashcarruthers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ Kevlar

Post by crashcarruthers »

I have a Browning Composite Stalker and Brush Varmint, neither like the 40 grain Vmaxes. They do like the 40 grain Nosler Btips, Berger 35 and 40 grains, 39 Sierra's, 32Vmaxes and the 33 grain Calhoons. Just my experience with my gun, but every gun is very different. I have good luck using Benchmark. I think a lot of people have had good luck with H4895, Reloader 10x, Benchmark, and Ramshot Tac. Also some good results from VV N-133 which I plan on experimenting with next. If you have any of these powders on hand I would play with them first. The 204 seems pretty easy to please. Good Luck!

Good Load info:
http://www.rugerhunting.com/204_data.php
http://wrzwaldo.org/Reloading/Public/20 ... Loads.html
killman

Post by killman »

Went out today and shot 4- 5 shot groups with different loads this was the best.