.204 in a Tikka?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Pydpiper
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka Varmint

.204 in a Tikka?

Post by Pydpiper »

I put the .204 on the back burner for a bit but I just stumbled on a new one that is made by Tikka, stainless and synthetic. I don't have time to do too much research so I thought I would run it past you guys real quick.
Is it known to be a good rifle?
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: .204 in a Tikka?

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Pydpiper: Tikka's are very good rifles, highly though of by most everyone. If you search a bit here on the forum, you'll find a post that discusses this very rifle, including where some are in 204 at a good price....
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

crashcarruthers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ Kevlar

Post by crashcarruthers »

I have Browning (Varmint and composite Stalker), CZ Kevlar Varmint, Kimber ProVarmint and T3 Tikka SS Varmint. I rate the .204 T3 as good as any of the above mention including the Kimber which cost almost twice as much. It is not a pretty gun in my opinion (lot of plastic), but it is very accurrate, bolt smooth as butter, and is comfortable gun for me.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Thanks guys, I kinda figured the Tikka was a decent rifle, I just needed to hear it performed well as a .204. I kept reading stuff about rifle twist rates and other things that confused me, this has been enlightening.
I want it, I want to buy it now and I needed some reassurance before I did, not about Tikka, but about the Tikka .204.
sniper22-250

Post by sniper22-250 »

hey man i got a tikka t3 in 308 and i love it so i would think about it.
sniper22-250
TikkaT3

Post by TikkaT3 »

I have a Tikka T3 .204 and its deadly accurate.

You wont be disappointed if you decide to buy one.

Just make sure you pair it with a good quality scope on tikka optilock rings and bases.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I will have the shop hold it for me tomorrow, I just want to make sure I can get good use out of that particular caliber and I will grab it.
It is a Tikka Tactical, looks pretty cool and I need to make sure I am not buying ($900+CDN) it because it looks good, I have been known to do that. :D

I truly appreciate the opinions and advice.

David
CV32

Post by CV32 »

TikkaT3 wrote:I have a Tikka T3 .204 and its deadly accurate.
You wont be disappointed if you decide to buy one.
Just make sure you pair it with a good quality scope on tikka optilock rings and bases.
Just wondering if yours is a T3 Lite?

I know that Tikka has expanded their product line this year to offer the .204 Ruger in the T3 Lite (rather than just the T3 Varmint models). I've ordered a T3 Lite Stainless in left hand, and I'm told it probably won't be in Canada until July '08.
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

Does anyone know if the Tikka 204s are available in the US yet? Beretta's website, does not yet list the 204 in any of the Tikka models that I can see. Beretta is the distributor for Sako and Tikka in the US, and it makes me wonder if the website has not been updated yet, or if the 204 is not being shipped to the US for some reason.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
crashcarruthers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ Kevlar

Post by crashcarruthers »

Either Scheels has an exclusive on the .204 caliber for US or they are getting them from the Canada Distributor. I have heard both ways, but I think they are getting them from Canada. BerettaUSA doesn't import the Rem 260 caliber either.
CV32

Post by CV32 »

stevecrea wrote:Does anyone know if the Tikka 204s are available in the US yet? Beretta's website, does not yet list the 204 in any of the Tikka models that I can see.
You can see the new .204 Ruger line up at the Tikka website.

http://www.tikka.fi/

The heavier Varmint and Super Varmint models were previously available in .204, but they've now expanded that chambering to the Lite models.
crashcarruthers wrote:Either Scheels has an exclusive on the .204 caliber for US or they are getting them from the Canada Distributor. I have heard both ways, but I think they are getting them from Canada. BerettaUSA doesn't import the Rem 260 caliber either.
They may be getting them from Stoeger Canada. We've always been able to get the .260 Rem and 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser in a Tikka, and I understand they're pretty rare in the US. (Kinda odd, because its usually the other way around).
The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving. - Ulysses S. Grant (1822-85)
Spot shooter

Post by Spot shooter »

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I called Scheels and ordered a Stainless Super Varmint T3 in 204 Ruger today from Iowa City.

$699

BTW - yes Scheels had a "exclusive" 204 Ruger T3 deal.

AWSOME
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Well, I did it. :D
Shiny new Tikka .204 Varmint, stainless with a heavy barrel. The package had a Burris scope, Sako case and a nice Tikka strap.
Thanks for all the advice guys, now I need to learn about reloading.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I jawboned at a BerettaUSA rep yesterday, at the NRA Meeting and Show, and he seemed "uninterested" in the .204s, saying that they hadn't sold as well as they thought they would. Well, they have to have them here to sell them! and I told him so :mad:

Then he went into a longwinded excuse about the 85 having teething troubles and production was slow because of that, that the SS 85 Varmint on display with s/s triggers was the only one he'd ever seen, blahblahblah. I said okay, what about the Tikkas, then? What was the holdup there? Umm, errhhh, well, production hadn't caught up with demand, yeah, that's it. ( I wanted to say something about Rick's .204, but held back...........)

Frankly, I left unimpressed with that outfit, they either need to get their act together, or hire some new PR folks, cuz that clown couldn't keep his excuses straight. Typical from what I can gather though, Beretta's customer service has always been a problem for them, at least here in the US. From back issues of The American Handgunner, I gather that it's not just the rifle side of the house, either, they have service issues with the pistol side, too. I won't even mention my buddy's problems with an A390 shotgun............
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Its just a terrible time to be alive right now....

You can't trust the government, and no rifle manufacturer except the ones that have sold a person a rifle is worth having around. In addition, the rest of the rifle manufacturers whose rifles I don't own have no clue as to what they are doing, and they just keep making the wrong merchandise, all at a price I won't pay. I should be in charge and run all of them.... Then I could buy whatever I want at a cheap price. :wink:

There....I feel better.... :lol: Being negative always makes me feel better and shows everyone else how important I really am in the scheme of this miserable life I've been forced to live.... :lol:

JMO - BCB