New Savage single shot

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
hozz57

New Savage single shot

Post by hozz57 »

I finally got out to the range today and shot my new to me Savage model 12FV single shot. The guy that sold it to me threw in some factory ammo so I shot that first for sighters and foulers. :eew: Then I put some home rolled rounds through it :D I only averaged .55" on 4, 5 shot groups, but I wasn't at my best and the wind was swirling pretty good!
[img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]

Also these were virgin cases on a load that was worked up for my Rem XR-100. It'll be interesting to see how it does once I work up some loads specifically for it. :wink:
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: New Savage single shot

Post by Silverfox »

It looks like you picked up a rifle that should serve you well. A little fine tuning on a load specifically for that rifle and you should be shooting the eyes out of flies :eek:

Even those loads for your Rem XR-100 look like they are easily minute of prairie dog loads.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

hozz57, It looks like your going to have a pretty nice shooting 12fv. Once you work up a load just for her. It's shooting pretty good already. Let us know how things go as you fine tun a load for it.
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Post by dannybracy »

Good looking groups! I too started shooting at a little paper w/ my new 12FV. I wish mine was a single shot like yours as I will never use the box mag mine has......oh well. You'll have to let me know what yours likes for a load. So far mine does pretty well w/40gr. V-max's.
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223