Which 204 rifle for a carry coyote rig

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Which 204 rifle for a carry coyote rig

Post by Glen »

I am only speaking for myself here. :wink: The CZ Safety is not a problem for me. When I'm using it for coyotes I have my thumb & fore finger on it at all times & after a while I got used to it. I always know which gun I have in my hands at the time so I know which way the Safety goes. JMHO
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Sub-caliber
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 Varmint, 2 Howa 1500 Varmint, CZ 527

Post by Sub-caliber »

You might consider the HOWA Sporter - weight 7.6 pounds. Many so called carry-rifles are too light and that impedes accurate shooting even with a rifle such as a CZ which I own. It is very accurate but the standard barrel is only good for several shots before shot groups open up. This has not been a problem with the Howa Sporter. Howa's are extremely accuate out of the box and the weight makes this an excellent carry rifle also while the added pound of weight provides more stabiliy when shooting. After owning different brands of rifles, including Coopers, the two best values and consistently most accurate rifles are the Howa's and CZ. You won't go wrong with either choice.
YoteSmoker
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varminter

Post by YoteSmoker »

Don't get me wrong...the CZ safety is bass akwards to my way of thinking but the sweet trigger and pinpoint accuracy way outways any flaws in my thinking patterns LOL