NRA Convention-May '08

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

NRA Convention-May '08

Post by glenn asher »

I just noticed that the NRA Convention will be held in Louisville, at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center, this year. Since that's pretty close by (about a mile and a half :D ) I'll probably have to go and see the sights. If any of you are planning to attend, lemme know and we can try to grab lunch or something. If nothing else, we can commiserate over the sad state of the political choices we have this year :mad: .

As for me, I mostly just want to see the new gadgets and gear, most of which I don't need or want, but want to see. It actually comes at a bad time, there's the BBB shoot I attend down in Somerset, we have our primary elections in May, and I'll be trying to get stuff gathered up for a PD trip, too, but I'll find some way to shoehorn in a visit, since I can see the Convention Center from here...............
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Bayou City Boy

Re: NRA Convention-May '08

Post by Bayou City Boy »

If you've never been to one, its well worth the trip...especially when the trip is only 1.5 miles......

I considered this one, but I have other things happening then too...and its just a hair further for me to go... :D

I try to go every other year or every third year depending on where its held. Its always worth the time spent..both in the exhibit hall and in attending the other functions.

JMO - BCB
LowPro
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS - CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar - Remington R-15

Post by LowPro »

I attended my 1st NRA convention back in '01, when it was held in Kansas City, MO. Had a great time!

Enjoy...and don't forget to take your camera. 8)
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

Just thought I'd revisit this post, to see about interest in the convention here next month. I know Melvin Eades is coming to town, but I think we can do better than just TWO members showing up. :wink:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

Three friends and I are planning on being there on Friday. If you've never been to one and have the opportunity to go, it's worth the trip. Not only do you get to see all the new toys like Glenn mentioned, but you get to talk to the writers and editors of your favorite magazines. Last year I got to visit with Sheriff Jim Wilson, Larry Weischun, Irlene Mandrell, spokesperson for CZ, Effie Sullivan with Savage's custom shop and many, many others.

Here's a picture from last year's show in St. Louis.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

To sweeten the stew a little, John McCain, Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney will all be there on Friday, the 16th (as will I, although I goofed and didn't get tickets to hear him speak :oops: ) If the occasion happens, I'll "relate" our concerns about Senator McCain's C+ NRA rating with him, to encourage him, politely, to take us seriously. He NEEDS the NRA's potential 3.5-4 million voters, most of whom aren't real excited about his candidacy (yeah, that includes ME, too). Same with the Huck and the Mitt-man, in case he snatches one of them for Veep.

That's NEXT weekend, right here in Louisville. If you live nearby, or have some gas money saved up, burning a hole in your pocket, c'mon down! (but buy your gasoline elsewhere, our gas prices, on RFG gas, are worse than your gas prices. Higher price, worse mileage, less power, like I said, get outa town before buying gas in Louisville!)
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Dang, I was in town last month! I should have changed my work plans to hit the convention :wall: Gary