Probably a dumb question...But it is for a good cause!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Re: Probably a dumb question...But it is for a good cause!

Post by Robert harrel »

danny the stock i ordered from sss took about 12 weeks the bbl i ordered from them took more like 16 weeks
single shot action from northlands 5 days :D
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
jo191145

Re: Probably a dumb question...But it is for a good cause!

Post by jo191145 »

Those prices sound pretty good.
Jim Briggs is selling the new target actions for $415 + $12 shipping. Add the FFL transfer fee ($25 +) and your at at least $452. Probably not worth possibly ticking off your dealer to go through him. Your call.
If your FFL has trouble getting one Jims number is 763-420-7163 Northland Shooters Supply.

As far as the tube. Is $268 valid for the large shank barrels also? I personally don't know, Always wondered if they'd charge more for the extra steel.

Fred Moreo from SSS is considered the Savage guru. King of the Savagesmiths. Never had any work done by him so I can't say if its just hype or not. Many,many Savage nuts stand in line a very long time to have thier guns blessed by him. I would order that stock pretty quick if you want it shootin by March, better safe than sorry. Bedding it is always a good idea. For my next bedding job I'll be trying JB Weld. I've heard many top shooters recommend it over the normal compounds.

Shilen can take pretty long too depending on what barrel cycle thier producing at the time. I believe the standard wait for a Select Match is 12 weeks. Have heard tales of that wait stretching out quite a bit longer.

Lothar Walther is also producing excellent drop in barrels for Savages now. They have a plant in Georgia now. Its been said ordering direct from the plant can save a lot of time. Supposedly they try to keep an overhead of SMALL shank barrels ready to ship. Not sure about the Large shanks. Sorry not trying to add to the stress just point out some quicker options if your parts decide to never arrive. It happens from time to time.
You can always cancel an order if it takes much longer than the agreed upon time.

Push come to shove Jim Briggs can have an action at your dealers in 7-10 days as long as he still has the one you want in stock. He could also hook you up with an LRPV stock (I think) if the need arrives.
This gun will deserve a custom stock of some sort though ;)
- Good Luck and Happy shooting

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .