Somebody want a Cooper 204??

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Somebody want a Cooper 204??

Post by acloco »

I don't know the person...or whatever...just passing the info along.

http://www.nodakoutdoors.com/forums/vie ... hp?t=45337

I have a like new Cooper Phoenix in 204 Ruger with less than 250 rounds through it. Synthetic stocked with fluted 26" stainless factory Wilson barrel. This is a tack driver. It will shoot consistent 1/4" - 3/8" groups with FACTORY ammo. Imagine what it would do with your hand loaded ammo. Comes with original box, manual, warranty card and one hole test target. $500 less than what they cost new and to order one with a fluted barrel would mean a 6-8 month wait. $1030 shipped to your FFL
Jim Higgs
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix

Re: Somebody want a Cooper 204??

Post by Jim Higgs »

:oops: where were you 10 days ago I just picked up mine 2 days ago great price.
Graydog
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MII

Post by Graydog »

The cooper is sold pending funds.
Acloco
Thanks for the post as I have lusted for a cooper sence I have been pruseing this site for about 6 months. I hope wanting is not the best part as I will have this cooper in my hands in about two weeks. I want to thank all the members on this site as I cannot begin to tell all that I have learned on reloading and shooting from this forem. This is a great crew.
acloco

Post by acloco »

Graydog - Congrats!

THAT is a VERY inexpensive Cooper.

Cannot figure why somebody would sell one.
Jim Higgs

Post by Jim Higgs »

:D graydog you will be very happy I just had mine out doing the break in,great shooter was very happy that the 32 and 40 gr bullets shoot to the same impact. very happy with H335 shot in the 2's and 3's when I did my part.
Graydog

Post by Graydog »

Jim
Thanks for the encouragement, First I'll half to try some Benchmark or RL 10 behind some sierra 32 or 39 grains I also have a box of 35gr Bergers as these are the componates I have on hand. I will half to try some h335 as I see this is the powder used in the Cooper test rounds.I would appricate it if you would give me your h335 loads and I will work up to them. Thanks in advance.

Acloco;
Thanks for the congrats, You are right I wonder why anybody would sell a good cooper 204. This is just buyers remorse setting in, anyway the check is in the mail
Jim Higgs

Post by Jim Higgs »

40 V-Max 26.0 H335 Win Primer Nosler brass velocity 3625 .556 group
32 V-Max 27.5 H335 Win primer Nosler brass velocity 3890 .455 group
32 V-Max 25.4 AA2015 Win primer Nosler brass velocity 3650 .400 group

the next thing I am trying this weekend will be 40 V-Max 26.6H335 CCI BR4primer
Graydog

Post by Graydog »

Jim
Thanks for the H335 load info, these are some impressive groups I'll be tickled in I can get my groups as tight. My check cleared friday and the rifle was in the mail this morning, can't waite
chasinElk

Post by chasinElk »

Graydog did you ever get the 204 Cooper?? What do you think of it?
"Speed is nothing without controll"
Graydog

Post by Graydog »

Chasenelk
Thanks for the inquery; Yes I did pick up my Cooper last week "SWEET", great looking rifle, cleaned the barrel, no copper found in the barrel, everthing looked top notch. I have not fired it yet as I am waiting for my scope to arrive, should arrive by next week. I ordered a new Leupold 6.5x20x40 with varmint cross hairs and side focus. I ordered the scope from the Woodchuck Den off the internet, really nice people to deal with. Anyway waiting to put this rifle on paper to see what I can do as I am sure this Cooper can shoot a lot better than I can.
chasinElk

Post by chasinElk »

Graydog, congrats and keep us posted on how it Shoots!!
"Speed is nothing without controll"
acloco

Post by acloco »

graydog - which rings are you going with? Burris Signature Zee by chance?
Graydog

Post by Graydog »

Acloco
Thanks for the tip, I have on order a set of Burris Signature rings. Should be here any day. When I was checking out the site on the rings I thought the signature zee rings were for the weaver bases and my rifle came with Leupold base. I hope I read it right, if not I'm sure Graf & son will exchange them? I did order the medium height rings and then I got the bright idea to check the Leupold site for the reccomended ring height. For a Cooper model 21 with 6.5x20x40 scope they reccomended the low rings. I think I'll stay with the medium rings unless there is a problem I can't for see.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

I think I'll stay with the medium rings unless there is a problem I can't for see.
i was talking to my gun guy just the other day about ring heights. he said, as long as you are shooting from a bench or a good rest, ring height is not a big deal. if you are using the rifle as a carry gun or hunting, you may want to go to the lowest rings the rifle will accept. the reason being, when you throw the rifle up to your shoulder, you align your eye faster to the scope in shooting situation. when shooting off a bench, normally you have more time to align your eye to the scope, and if you are shooting enough to get the barrel hot, there is more room between the barrel and the scope for expansion caused by heat. this part may, or may not have an affect on the scope to rifle fit.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.