Coyote God's Forum

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
creekwalkr
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 single shot synthetic stock

Re: Coyote God's Forum

Post by creekwalkr »

I have never been to their site. I don't plan on visiting that site. I get all the rippin' I need for my . . . .different approach to things.

My strategy for coyotes: see them. shoot them. :twisted: :twisted: Ohio has a year around season with no bag limit. I shoot a 204. If I only had a 243 then I'd shoot that. If I could use dynomite. . . . . :muffy: :twisted:

I have a friend who is hard core .17. . . . 17 Fireball to be exact. He still goes to the 204 when it comes down to it.
"All I need is ONE GOOD SHOT . . ."
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Did n't mean to come off harsh, I got friends from all over that come to shoot with me. That would include IL, LA, MO, KS, CO, OH and all of them I know from the internet/gun forums. Our own 'joghotrod' made a trip (1100 miles) to shoot pds with me. Great time too

This would be Jimmy puttin the hammer down with his Dtech fast twist .204, 1100 miles from home -

Image[/url]
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I did a little reading on the Coyote God ( :roll: ) web site last night. I can only say, I won't be inviting them over for dinner any time soon. What's the sense in starting a forum where the administrator makes up the rules as he goes along? If they don't like what you write or you don't agree with their opinion, they just eliminate you. I can't see much sense in joining a forum like that. Besides, I have to go get the dictionary every other sentence. It's better to speak a few words that everyone understands than to rattle on with big words few comprehend.

I didn't mean to come off harsh either, I just wanted to point out that there are a lot of good people on this forum that could become lifetime friends. There are a few I'd still love to meet. I've never meet a group so willing to help out, regardless. This is a good place to learn about shooting and loading and not just about the .204 Ruger.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I don't care for the childish name calling or swearing there either. I hear enough of that stuff at work everyday.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

I have to throw mega-dittos on the kindness/usefulness of this forum. About the only other place I surf is a local (utah) forum that is very useful because most everybody is within 200 miles of each other.
However it is tough to find three topics in a row without some sort of argument or just plain meanness showing up.
I have a couple dozen posts there, a couple hundred here.
We can all pat ourselves on the back.....unless some one mentions shooting a deer with the 204! lmao
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Rugerddoggie: More mega-ditto's bud, same here.

On this forum I have many buddies, on the others.......some acquaintences. This truly is the place to exchange ideas, fun, and share the sport with others of like mind.

Now about deer and the 204.........NOT! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Seems kind of odd to me.....I have met friends from places over 1000 miles away from internet forums. There is one guy who posts here that doesn't live a mile from me and I have yet to meet him. Chatted a few times but never met the guy. Hey 'race4hills' gotta make it out to the farm for a couple days.
TC Contender Carbine
23" MGM Shilen SS barrel
Weaver KT15

TC Contender G2 Carbine
23" factory CM barrel
Mueller 4.5 x 14 Eradicator
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

LOL...!

I remember the last time that the issue of deer and the 204 Ruger came up here, several folks assumed "god-like" personas as they quickly began preaching ethics, hurling lightening bolts, and condemning sinners for violating game laws when in fact the "sinners" hadn't violated any laws at all where they lived... :lol: :eek: One of the sinners who got pounded into pulp seemed like a very nice young man asking a very sincere question. I haven't seen him posting here since then....

And before I personally get excommunicated and face Judgement Day and a hangman's noose; No, I don't use a 20 caliber rifle for deer even though it is legal in the state where I live and in several others where I hunt also.

-BCB
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

BCB: You're right. But just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.......

The spirit of this post was that this particular site is where we regulars care to hang out compared to some of the other, less friendly sites. The subject you refer to just shows how passionate some are as to that particular subject. That's all I have to say about it.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

Rick in Oregon wrote:BCB: You're right. But just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.......

The spirit of this post was that this particular site is where we regulars care to hang out compared to some of the other, less friendly sites. The subject you refer to just shows how passionate some are as to that particular subject. That's all I have to say about it.
Rick:

I can see a parallel in your statement: Some folks think deer should not be shot with a 204 Ruger and some think coyotes should only be shot with a 17 caliber CF. And, as I mentioned, both sides assume a "god-like" persona in arguing their point; here it was with the use of words such as ethical, moral etc. and the recognized sinners were even ignorantly chastised for doing something illegal.

Legal is when its OK by state statutes to kill an elk, deer, or other large game animals with a small caliber rifle like you can do in some states...... Whether you should or not generally gets the "god-like" into the ethical realm...

Personally, I would not use a small caliber rifle on game animals the size of deer, but I'm not going to "preach" ethics and morality to anyone who is OK with doing it where its legal. I don't think that is why I was put on this earth, and I definitely know I don't have the inherent "power" that comes with preaching......

And I'm personally glad you have far less to say this time on the 20caliber/deer subject...

Again....for any new folks....please note my disclaimer above about 20 caliber rifles and deer.....

-BCB
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Sure seems like someone is ready for a fight. Let's not mention the conical dispersion subject or another God Persona might suddenly appear.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Skip: No arguement at all, I was only stating my personal opinion. What others do is entirely up to them, but again, that's not what this thread was about.

Sheesh, I thought we weren't going there again. I'm outa here.....
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

skipper:

If you really want to go there again.....

As I state back then, conical dispersion has actually been photographed with high speed cameras and has been theorized as perhaps being part of the "sleeping bullet theory".

Please note again the use of the word "theory".... It was the same word I used back whenever when you decided since you personally couldn't figure out how it could happen that apparently it couldn't happen..

If you'd care to Google conical dispersion and the "sleeping bullet theory", you can still find information about both. No one deleted them from the book of life just because you declared on the 204um they couldn't happen. And as I stated then, I don't necessarily proscribe to the "SB Theory", but its a better possible explanation than just saying it can't happen just because, "I skipper, engineer, say it can't happen"...

At the time, I just didn't like being told in a "God-like" way back then that a simple theory that's been around for years (even though you had never personally heard of it) that I introduced into a discussion as something to think about made me an idiot by association... I know you're convinced about the last part, but I can easily live with that.....

-BCB
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

OMGI'm sorry I said anything. And I don't even remember a debate about conical dispersion!!!
Good job Rick, for takin The High Road. I'm right behind you.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

I thank the OP for the heads up on the behavior of "that other" forum. It now looks like this thread is becoming non-productive to the way of life around here. I would like to suggest we just let this thread go away on it's own.