Tell us about yourself...

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Tell us about yourself...

Post by Glen »

Hi Steve. Welcome to the Forum!! If you need anything 204 these guys will hook you up real quick. Now fire away with the posting!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
hoegebear
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem XR 100

Post by hoegebear »

Hi all. I live in rural Prairie Du Sac, Wis. Have wife, 2 sons, 2 grandsons, and 11 yr old black lab. I used this site in May of 2006 to convince myself I needed a .204. Glad you were here! My .222, 22-250, and .17 mach 2 are back ups now, after my pd trip this spring! I bought rem xr-100, and it's a joy to shoot. I shoot vmax's, (molyed), F 205's, and Data 68 powder. I am very happy with the results. I have been hunting and shooting since 1948, reloading since 1964; am 67 now. I see quite a few guys from wis here. Great! Thanks, Jim.
bgaston

Post by bgaston »

Hello,
Well, I have been browsing around here for about 2 months, just bought an H&R 204 Ultra Varmint w/Bushnell 4x12 scope about a month ago. I LOVE IT. What a lead laser!!! Alot of fun to shoot. I have found alot of usefull information on here and I thank you. I am happily married to a beautiful women for 3 years exactly (today is our anniversary). We have a 2 year old son, and he is so much fun, I dont know what we would do without him. And also one on the way. We live in Ogden Utah. I was born and raised in Wyoming so I am an outdoorsy type. Love to hunt, and this is the first REAL varmint gun I have ever owned. I have not yet purchased any reloading supplies, but soon will. Other than my 204, I have a Ruger M77 7mm w/Burris 3x9 scope. Just bought that one about 4 months ago, and sold my Savage 7mm to purchase my 204.

Thanks for all the great info guys!!
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum Jim & we're glad to have helped you on your 204 fetish!! :lol:

bgaston-- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! And many many more!! :wink: Welcome to the Forum!! :mrgreen:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

Hello all. Glennasher pointed me to this site after I purchased my first 204. I hang on Mo whitetails and used to be called Washmo66 but changed my handle.

I am 36, married with 4 kids and reside in Washington Missouri. I am a Sales Director for a Government contracting company. I sell telecom and dat network equipment to the DoD and other federal agencies. I travel all over the world with my job, mostly to military bases and have doing this for 19 years. We do both classified and non classified projects.

I hunt deer, turkey, Pheasant, Doves and anything else that flies. I am going on my first PD shoot next year in Montana and I go Pheasant hunting every year in Arapahoe, NE. Future plans are an Elk hunt out west.

Hobbies are drag racing, bow and gun hunting and shooting and I love to collect firearms. My collection is not big but what I do buy is high quality.

Glad to be a part of the forum.
Doveryai no Proveryai
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Big_Bullseye

Welcome to the 204um. You ought to fit right in here.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

guess its about time to introduce myself. my name is kevin. i live in weed, california. just turned 55. never married, serious relation ship only, and no kids. at least that i know of. don't have to pay for any! i started my own auto parts business when i was 25 yrs. old, so didn't have time for a relationship. i worked 7 days a week and sometimes 12 to 15 hrs. a day. my dad let me shoot his old remington shotgun when i was about 6 yrs old. hi base knocked me on my butt, but i was hooked, and fortunately my dad and older brother were almost always willing to take me with them on hunting trips. so i pretty much grew up hunting everything from dove,quail, ducks, geese, pheasant, and just about anything else in season. also when legal went deer hunting, but not as enthusiastic bout the deer hunting. not as much action! i started reloading with my brother, for shotguns, when i was about 10. i was forced to go on disability in 95 because of polio when iwas only 2 mos old. with buddy of mine we started shooting pd's with our 10/22. used to go thru around 1000 to 1500 rds a day. decided on a 223 for some of the longer ranges we were trying to cover with 22's. that was 3 years ago. my buddy got me into reloading for the 223 at that time. had the press and mostly everything else for reloading so i expanded to load for my 270 ruger model 77, and my 357 mag, S&W model 19 revolver. i have been curious about the 204 since i first read an article in a sporting magazine. so last month i purchased a weatherby howa 1500 in 204. really love this rifle. never used any ammo in it but my reloads. really looking forward to some pd shooting starting usually in mid february and into june.
anyway, the people on this site have been extremely helpful with their knowledge of the reloading for the 204. :mrgreen: keep your powder dry and keep on shootin. :assault:
thanks guys
kevin
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Irishfan

Post by Irishfan »

I'm Bob from Upstate New York. I have never really been into hunting although I did enjoy shooting and blowing things up as a kid. A co-worker got me into shooting and convinced me to purchase a .17 HMR to take out some woodchucks about 6 months ago. It was very effective but left me wanting something more.

I just got a Remington .204 in VSSL Thumbhole with a Nikon 4-14.5 Buckmaster scope. I had a blast shooting it for the first time last Friday. The guy who mounted my scope let me shoot on his range and we were shooting groups within a couple of inches at 250 yards. I was really amazed being a completely novice shooter.

I want to get my son into shooting and plan on joining a local sportmans club. I also plan to travel out West sometime to go on a Prarie Dog shoot. That is my dream.

I really look forward to learning about shooting and reloading on this site. Thanks for the help already provided.

Bob
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Welcome all! Bob, I hope your .204 is working better than your football team.......
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Irishfan

Post by Irishfan »

It is a tough year for us Irish Fans. Hard to have an offense when you are getting sacked 8-9 times a game. Hopefully it will be a rebuilding year. Glad I didn't get tickets this year.

By the way, 40, married with 3 kids ages 4 - 13 and in the financial service business, banking.

Bob
Glen

Post by Glen »

Welcome to the Forum Bob!! Hang out with us fer a while & you'll forget about the football. :wink:

GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P :wave: :lmao:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
sniper model 12
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 single shot synthetic stock bull barrel

Post by sniper model 12 »

Hey everybody ! !

New to the forum.

I'm married (5 yrs) with a 2.5 yr old boy. I've been shooting the .204 for a number of years and I'm always amazed at what this caliber is capable of. I've experimented with factory ammo only thus far as this is what is available to me.

I shoot a Savage Model 12 in single shot with synthetic stock and bull barrel. I've added a Harris bipod, Leopold 3-9x40 Vari X II scope, and after reading some of the posts on this site. . . I've added a little weight to the stock.

The weight changed the balance point for the gun and I feel made it more stable for what I use it for.. . . . :twisted: sniper shooting critters from a variety of locations, positions, and distances.

Thanks to all and I look forward to sharing info.
"Adopt the pace of Nature: Her secret is patience."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Savage12VLP

Tell us about yourself...

Post by Savage12VLP »

I live SW Ohio; married 25 years. 5 children (22 years old to 5). I have a Savage Model 10 in .223; Remington model 870 in 12 Ga and my favorite Savage Model 12 VLP in .204. My 204 has a Mueller varminter scope.

Everyone around me (I live in the country) claim to see coyotes, with with all this weaponary - I have yet to see my first in the past year that I purchased all this stuff; so I am disappointed. So I shoot hedge apples. Favorite ammo is Hornady and I would like to get into reloading.

We go camping every year at Dale Hollow Lake, TN. SOMEDAY, I would like to go to Medicine Bow, ND to shoot PD. I think I got the right rifles for that! I am a retired Deputy Sheriff and now work in the plastic industry.

I really enjoy this forum....tons of great information and advise. Moderators are great people!
broper1520
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem. 700

Post by broper1520 »

Hello,
my name is Bob. I live in so.western Idaho. I lived most of my life and grew up in Las Vegas. I love anything to do with hunting, shooting, reloading. I have a .204, 700 Rem. I just got it sighted in and haven't had a chance to shoot it much. I hope to change that this winter and shoot a few coyotes. I have several other varmint rifles and centerfires. This looks like a good forum and I'm sure I will enjoy it.
Glen

Post by Glen »

sniper, savage, & Bob-- Welcome to the Forum!! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. The folks here are a bunch og good ones that can answer anything you want to ask. So don't be shy!!

Savage12VLP-- Nice line there @ the end of your intro!! :wink: :lol:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen