Have you noticed this too?

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Have you noticed this too?

Post by acloco »

The number of posts seem to be considerably lower than normal.

Is everybody spending time in the reloading room, working overtime to pay for ammo/components, cleaning your 204, or spending time at the range?
hozz57

Re: Have you noticed this too?

Post by hozz57 »

In my case its a big YES to all 4 of your ???
1. every chance I can work on postal shoot loads I take it.
2. Can't let the kids go hungry because daddy's buying bullits.
3. I think I have worn out a at least 1 .204 cleaning rod.
4. I only get out once a week and wind or range rookies can spoil a test group in a hurry.
The more I learn, the more I see how much I have to learn!
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Ya acloco, money and the time is the problem most of the time for most of us. But i had other thing's going on with my 204. When it went from shooting in the .2s to groups in the 1.75 range. But i think i got the problem fixed now. So now i just have test to see how it's going to group and i'l be ready to go again. Good luck to every one in the shoot.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I haven't been posting much at all, still recovering from the work week. I work in an old brick building without A/C all week, and we've had record temps here (like everywhere else). On Monday mornings, the building isn't so awfully bad, but during the week, the temps build up and it gets pretty miserable in there, the heat saps all the energy away from me. Last week we had air temps of 85 at 0500, and it was a lot warmer INSIDE the building, and of course, it just gets worse as the day goes on. With all the stale air in the shop :eew: , dust (the flour-y kind, all over the place) and the heat, I just don't have much going on. :wall: We have fans, but all they do, is blow dust and hot air around, not much help. There's more, but why whine about it? :|
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I've had a lot of 3AM wakeups here lately. Head out the door @ 3:45AM & get to work @ 6AM. It'll end soon but then I have a PT job doing light maintenance for a local bank chain here. Plus I took on making ink pens from wood. I've just bitten off more than I can chew right now. :chin: I have no pens available for sale here right now but I hope to by then end of October. I didn't realize how popular they really would be!! :mrgreen: But here's what a few look like that I've already sold.

Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Same right here! I have been stuck in "prison". I had to take a super crappy deal working out of town because I'm stuck at my super crappy job until the refi on my house is complete. (for some strange reason nobody wants to lend you money right after you quit your job) So I have only been home on the weekend and, No offense here guys, but I have way better things to do on the weekends then sit on the computer. Those fish arent gonna catch themselves!
There is light at the end of the tunnel though! I signed closing papers Saturday and WILL NOT be leaving town at 2:30 in the AM this Monday morn!!! I'll just pray the bank doesnt get wind that I've quit my job before the loan funds!!!
Hey Glen I would be very interested in 1 or 2 of those pens. PM me when you get a selection. How much do they go for?
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
HogPopper

Post by HogPopper »

I hear ya Glen. Spent the last week in Michigan working for the man. I really need to post up some calls soon. Daddy needs a new .204. I have a Christmas order to finish for a feller with an appreciation for fine box calls. 8) Then I want to get at the lathe and spin up some yote busters. Over time sucks. :mad:
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Work just plain old sucks sometimes!! But it's gotta be done so we do it.

HP-- I didn't forget about you!! Or the post office either for that matter!! :wall:

Rugerdogdog-- They go for $17 shipped & insured In the US. I'll get some posted here sometime. Hopefully much sooner than I think I will. They use a Cross refill & the shine returns by hand buffing some paste wax on em. Cross pens are some of the finest writing instruments out there. Thats why I chose this type. Thanks!!
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Did not think that I would ever post this about my fellow 204 nuts...but...

"Ya'll are NORMAL!!!" :)

I have been doing the same thing. We are short two people at work, out of 6. Two of us pick up most, if not all of the extra shifts, because the other people don't want to, so it makes for a long 7 day week.

Of note, I am SO happy that I have a bunch of once fired brass prepped this winter/spring that has been fired in my rifle, so, I am sitting a little better than some, but not great.

It will still take some range time, AFTER I get the flipping copper out of the bore.

October 1st is the deadline for the postal shoot....correct????
HogPopper

Post by HogPopper »

Glen,I hope you have better luck with the postal service than I did buddy. Long story short, They burried a registered leter I sent to GM about the piece of crap truck they sold me. Made it clear they didn't give a darn either. :mad: Good luck to you buddy. I really need a .204 :D
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

October 1st is the deadline for the postal shoot....correct????
Yes, that is the magic date.

All submitted targets must be postmarked by the 1st of October (to be scored for the PS).
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

I put in 144 hours in the last 2 weeks! :eek:
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I've been busy learning to dope the wind.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Sask Boy

Post by Sask Boy »

Hi Guys, I retired in March of this year after a 34 year career as an insurance adjuster and I am now a Pastoral Intern at our church.
Now that I look back on it I do not know how I went to work as I am to busy being retired.
I sure hope that I can make time for this fall as it just about Hunting time.
Keep the Son in your eyes.
Bless You
Dan
Sask Boy

Post by Sask Boy »

Hi Guys, I retired in March of this year after a 34 year career as an insurance adjuster and I am now a Pastoral Intern at our church.
Now that I look back on it I do not know how I went to work as I am to busy being retired.
I sure hope that I can make time for this fall as it just about Hunting time.
Keep the Son in your eyes.
Bless You
Dan