Hostility towards the 204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
skb2706

Re: Hostility towards the 204

Post by skb2706 »

foxwhistler wrote:Does anybody else have experiance of people being openly hostile to the 204,or am i being overly sensitive.
The reason i ask is that i was browsing another sight today when someone asked for comments on the 204,and what its uses are.
Well being a helpful sort,i gave them my opinion,which is i think it is a great caliber,and youd have thought id kicked there dogs.A lot of the comments were bordering on abuse.
When i said dont knock things till you try them it seemed to make them even worse.Still it livened up a boring evening.
Nope... my skins to thick. I don't shoot much with anybody but friends and they typically aren't too openly hostile about much to me. I shoot all kinds of oddball stuff and really don't give a rats butt what others think about it.

as my son always says "arguing on the internet is like running a race in the special Olympics....even if you win you are still retarded"
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

What a wonderful, kind, thing to say.
Bergcrane2
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Bergcrane2 »

SKB- Your son's quote is priceless! Do you mind if I use it?
RacefacE

Post by RacefacE »

Bergcrane2 wrote:SKB- Your son's quote is priceless! Do you mind if I use it?
well, its not TM'ed
:lol:

Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

If you ever get a chance.....participate as a volunteer in the Special Olympics Program. It gives one a whole new appreciation for the program and for those who are active participants.

Some "phuny" comments are Friggin' Amazing.....

JMO - BCB
Last edited by Bayou City Boy on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WT

Post by WT »

Bergcrane2 wrote:I get crap from all the 22-250 guys all the time. Whatever.
I know exactly what you mean. I have two .22-250's and two .204 Rugers and I'm continually giving myself crap. :lol:
Wayne,

"Aim low boys, they're ridin' Shetlands"
NRA Life Member 30+ Years
Bergcrane2

Post by Bergcrane2 »

WT wrote:
Bergcrane2 wrote:I get crap from all the 22-250 guys all the time. Whatever.
I know exactly what you mean. I have two .22-250's and two .204 Rugers and I'm continually giving myself crap. :lol:
:lol:
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I've only seen a little of the SO on TV & laugh if you like but you oughta be Thankful you're kids not running in them!!
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

Bayou City Boy wrote:If you ever get a chance.....participate as a volunteer in the Special Olympics Program. It gives one a whole new appreciation for the program and for those who are active participants.

Some "phuny" comments are Friggin' Amazing.....

JMO - BCB
like I said....thick skin

Nope my kids not in it....I volunteer to help every year at the local level (Sloans Lake, Denver, CO and Regis University, Denver, CO)

I even get a tee shirt

"standing on the outside looking in gives you a 'politically correct' point of view"

"standing on the inside looking out is so much clearer"
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

As I'm sure most readers gathered by my post, I "stand on the inside" by volunteering to help. So I'm not speaking as an ignorant outsider...

From my perspective, proudly proclaiming that one has the t-shirt and yet still voicing disrespect toward the very people the t-shirt represents is what political correctness is all about.

Some places maybe its "politically correct" to wear the t-shirt for the image it represents to other folks. Other places maybe its "politically correct" to voice the disrespect for the benefit of other folks.

Wearing the t-shirt and always voicing respect for the people it represents is what's truly and morally correct.....no politics involved... And trying to make it something else is just political spin.....

-BCB
skb2706

Post by skb2706 »

thats clears it right up......................
faucettb

Post by faucettb »

That's interesting. For 30 plus years my go to the woods coyote and ground squirrel gun was the 22-250. Over the years I've had about every .224 on the market. The last five years I changed over to the 243 in both a Ruger #1B and a Rem 700 VLS.

Last year a couple of friends got into the 204 and I had a chance to shoot both the Savage and a Ruger #1. I was impressed and ended up buying a CZ 527 Varmint. It's a consistent half inch grouper. It shoots as flat as any of the hot 22's and the big plus is you can see your hits and better yet see your misses so it's easy to adjust.

My old hunting partner was so impressed he bought one just like it. Bottom line is this is one of the best new varmint cartridges to come on the market in the last 50 years.

I work over on another forum and push the 204 every chance I get. The biggest problem I get is all the folks that want to buy a 223 and never look at the ballistics of the 204. Nothing wrong with the 223, but both performance and accuracy usually tips in favor of the 204. Add in the extra range afforded for the same investment in bullets and powder and there simply is no comparison.
Bob from Idaho
claimbuster

Post by claimbuster »

IMHO, anyone that bad mouths the 204 has neither shot one nor owned one.

I love my big 22's, don't get me wrong, but my 204's just out perform my Swifts. I haven't quit shooting the Swifts, its just that when the distances get long and the wind starts to cause problems, its the 204's with 39 gr. BK's that go to work.
"Now don't say you can't swear off drinking; it's easy. I've done it a thousand times."
Bergcrane2

Post by Bergcrane2 »

claimbuster wrote:IMHO, anyone that bad mouths the 204 has neither shot one nor owned one.
Boy you said a mouthful there! That has to go for every caliber though. And even when you get into archery. Human nature, you're gonna brag up what you know. It's just a matter of knowing how much to brag.
Varmonter

Post by Varmonter »

Wearing the t-shirt and always voicing respect for the people it represents is what's truly and morally correct.....no politics involved... And trying to make it something else is just political spin.....
bayou city boy ..You da man!!.It truly is all about valueing all in our society.

kinda of like badmouthing the .204 if you don't own one or know nothing
about it.

Like how i tied those two together..pretty dang clever huh??LOL

:lol: :lol: