204 Ruger with a supressor

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
MinotBob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender G2 .204 Ruger

204 Ruger with a supressor

Post by MinotBob »

One of the problems I have shooting PD's in North Dakota is that after the first shot most of them within 300 yds disappear.

So I am considering putting a suppressor on my T/C Contender G2. I will be expensive about $1500 when it all done.
MinotBob
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

As long as you pass the FBI back ground check. 8)

What supressor are you getting? $1,500 seems high.

$900 for a REALLY good supressor
$200 BATFE Rape fee
$100 thread barrel
$1,200 seems closer to the cost.
MinotBob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender G2 .204 Ruger

Post by MinotBob »

I was checking through a local dealer in Minot ND at a AWC Thundertrap. They quoted me $1150 for the Supressor, $200 to have thebarrel threaded w/thread protector that matched barrel diameter when suppressor is removed, $200 for tax. Since AWC doesn't make one specifically for the 204 it will have to be a custom job.
MinotBob
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

To put it bluntly your wasting money, and it may be the wrong choice of can for fast shooting dog popping. When i was doing research for supressors for a few of my handguns it was interesting to find out that some of the cheaper priced cans were better made, quieter, and the companys offered better customer service and warentys.

One of the things that EVERYONE i talked to drilled me for was to make sure that any can i get be full auto rated. After looking at the AWC website they are not full auto rated. Shooting P-Dogs is like shooting full auto anyway, so your going to have problems. If it's your inbetween gun, and has time to cool off it shouldn't be a problem though.

Do a little more research into AAC http://www.advanced-armament.com/default.asp and Gentech http://www.gem-tech.com/

I ended up getting the Gentech Outback 2 for my walther P22 for $305. The guy i bought it from brought it to a gun shoot we were having and let me play with his all day, i know that didn't sound right. :) This thing was unbelivably quiet. AAC is the ONLY campany that H&K endorces to use on there guns, and they go as far as saying if you break your gun with someone else's can there will be no warrenty.

When the AAC Black Box comes out i plan on getting one for my H&K 45 Tactical.

Here's a video of a guy shooting an H&K 45 Tactical with the AAC Black Box DRY!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRk8DNMizw4

And any good smith that knows what he's doing can thread your barrel for $100

Here's some interesting info from http://www.silencertests.com these are the top5 for 5.56 nato.
Manufacturer Model........ Price.......Unsuppressed Suppressed Net
SoundTech..M4-Wartech $585.00....165.1..............130.6...........34.5
Gemtech.....M4-96D.......$799.00....166.1..............133.1...........33.0
YHM............3100-A.......$535.00....165.3..............134.0...........31.3
AAC M4-2000 SOPMOD..$695.00....166.1..............134.3...........31.9
Gemtech.....M4-96D.......$799.00....164.8..............134.4...........30.4
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

Didn`t realise how much suppresors were over there.I paid £330 for my moderator,screw cutting and re-proofing my 204.
This must be the first shooting related article i`ve ever known to be cheaper over here than with you.
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
nzs204

Post by nzs204 »

wow that is expensive, about the only thing ever that is actually cheaper over here! Im in new zealand and you can get a silencer made and threded onto basically any calibre rifle you want and will cost you somewhre between $300-500.., thats obviously on centrefire rifles..rimfires even cheaper maby $100 all up..
If you wanted to get your barrel threded / recrowned etc thats a $50 job...your dollar is worth more then ours too ;)
I suppose it has alot to do with the restructions your country places on silencers...over here they are perfectly legal to use on whatever kind of firearm you want ;)
Im not sure how hard it would be for you to import a silencer as i dont know your laws/regulations but if at all possible i would reccomend you imported one from over here and just get your barrel threded by your local smith..
The silencer alone would only cost approx $150-200 USD...sorry to even suggest it if its not possible :oops:
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

nzs204 wrote:Im not sure how hard it would be for you to import a silencer as i dont know your laws/regulations but if at all possible i would reccomend you imported one from over here and just get your barrel threded by your local smith..
It is ilegal to import silencers into the USA. :/

The reason they are so expensive here is the regulations. You have to have all your paper work for selling class 3 restricted firearms, you have to have papers for manufactureing firearms, you also have to have a paper for the research and development for the sliencers, and once you do come up with a good unit they have to be built in the USA. Plus, there is a $200 tax stamp the puchaser has to pay to the BATFE to own one.
nzs204

Post by nzs204 »

darn thats harsh, its funny you know, over here you are allowed silencers and any barrel length you want as long as the overall firearms length is over a certian length -- althhough you are not allowed pistol grips or folding stocks - go fiqure? not that .204 would generally have any of those traits but still..regulations are funny things..
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

Well, those laws are writen by people who still think guns kill people, and pens misspell words.