FYI on ammo price increases

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Gmoney
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator Hunter .204 topped with a Leupy 4-12

FYI on ammo price increases

Post by Gmoney »

Heard from numerous reliable sources that ammo will take another substantial price jumo late this month or next month.

I just bought a bunch of .204 40 grain V-Max's, 70 BT's seconds for the .243, and a bunch of .264 125 Partitions for the .260.

FYI for those who are getting low on ammo...
LowPro
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS - CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar - Remington R-15

Post by LowPro »

Thanks for the heads-up...

I just bought some reloading dies & supplies, just for this reason.

Of course, this thing with OSHA could really put a damper (understatement) on reloading, but I'm hedging my bets that it won't fly.

I did my part, contacting my congressman & representatives...hopefully, everyone else has too.

Either way we go, it ain't cheap. They've got us by the short hairs, IMHO.
joghotrod

Post by joghotrod »

LowPro wrote:Thanks for the heads-up...

I just bought some reloading dies & supplies, just for this reason.

Of course, this thing with OSHA could really put a damper (understatement) on reloading, but I'm hedging my bets that it won't fly.

I did my part, contacting my congressman & representatives...hopefully, everyone else has too.

Either way we go, it ain't cheap. They've got us by the short hairs, IMHO.
I just read on the predatormasters forum that the OSHA thing is dead in the water. For now.

Jimmy
.204 Ruger M77 Mark II Weaver 6-24
.222 Rem. BDL Varmint Leupold VX III 6.5-20
.204 Dtech AR 24 in. 1/9 twist SS Fluted Shilen Barrel with Compensator, Leatherwood 8.5-25 uni-dial Also 1/12 twist Shilen. NRA Life Member
6BR Dtech Upper, Shilen 1/8 twist.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

The OSHA thing has gone away for the time being, we're keeping an eye on them, though, the sneaky rascals are always plotting something bad.

I started stocking up when V-Maxes were $23.92/250 at Midsouth, and have bought quite a bit more since then (2000 .224" VMs, among others) and am always keeping my eyes working on other deals. For the .204, those Dogtown 34s are the best buy right now (poor BC and all, they are still pretty destructive if you keep the ranges short). I'm in good shape on powder, primers and bullets, but a few hundred cases wouldn't hurt a bit. I need more .204 and .221 brass, but I just spent a TON of money at the hospital on this sleep apnea business, so it'll be awhile before I can afford to splurge again :( I also need to rebarrel my poor old Howa................
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Gmoney
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator Hunter .204 topped with a Leupy 4-12

Post by Gmoney »

Glen,

24/250 at Midsouth?

Dang...Just paid 32/250 at Midway...
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Post by foxwhistler »

Just thought i`d let you know that i went to buy some 204 remi 40grain ammo two weeks ago,and was quoted £24.99($51.13)for twenty.Really given me a push to get my reloading kit together.I know things can be expensive over here but i think thats ridiculous.
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

Gmoney, that was back in SEPTEMBER! Rick gave us a "heads up" about about copper prices and that got me off my duff and dragged the wallet out. I've been picking up stuff ever since, whenever I see a deal, or even part of a deal :? Primers are getting scary around here, $31 for regular Federal 205s :!: They were OUT of 205Ms, so I ended up with Remington 7 1/2s($27/1000), which I was buying for my Fireball, anyway.

I really like those 205Ms, but who knows when they'll be available. I've heard that the gov't has ordered 5 Billion rounds of .223, from Lake City, etc, which is operated by ATK, which owns Federal,CCI, Speer, RCBS, etc, etc. Things are kinda tight in the primer market, but I've got 3000 squirrelled away for now. If you ask around, the 5.56 market is all but dried up right now, everyone is looking for it.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

EVERYTHING is going up dialy :?
My local shop has tons of the 205's for $24 or $26.99 per 1000. I'll get them for ya if you pay the shipping.
Where is the best place to get 35 grain Bergers bulk??
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

glenn asher

Post by glenn asher »

Thanks, Joe, but I'm set for quite awhile, I have enough 205Ms to feed that Howa for a long while (I've got 1000 or so primed cases, all with 205Ms, for that .223 that favors them) and several hundred more primers, to replace them with, the .204s are doing well with the Remingtons, so's the Fireball, it's just that one old Howa that likes the 205Ms above all others. I'm good until after the next PD shoot, sometime next spring, I hope.