Ammo choice for Remington 700sps in .204

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
onestar

Ammo choice for Remington 700sps in .204

Post by onestar »

I bought a sps and haven't shot it yet. I was wondering what you guys have found that shoots the best out of this rifle. I don't want to have to buy a bunch of different grain ammo to see which one is best. Also does anyone know if Winchester has "the white box" 40 round pack in .204 like they do the 22-250? I have a 22-250 and the white box stuff shoots rather well out of it and the price is pretty decent too. Thanks guys!
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Onestar, First off welcome to the forum. If i where you, I would just get some different kinds of ammo for the gun and see what shoots the best in it. What one gun likes the next may not like there all a little different in the way they shoot. But i'm sure some one can let you know whats shooting good in there gun. That you might want to try first. Good luck, and let us know how things go for you ok?
cracker

Post by cracker »

one star take what lee c said as the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. no two rifles are the same, if the serial numbers are one off from each other meaning the were made right after one another they may not like the same ammo. bite the bullet spend the money and see what your gun likes. i remember dating twins and one liked steak the other seafood lol
Spoprtingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Yep ^^^^ :wink: !!

BUT,,,, since you asked nicely. :lol: :lol: I would get a box of 32gr V-Max ammo & a box of 39gr Blitz King ammo 1st. If need be then branch out after that as most all rifles are different. HTH
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
onestar

Glen

Post by onestar »

Thank you.....That was the answer I was looking for.