my gun is on it's way

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
huntnfool

my gun is on it's way

Post by huntnfool »

Me and my dad went to the gun shop and order my cz 527 varmint in .204, my scope is already in the mail along with 20 ronds of hornady 32 gr., 20 rounds of hornady 40 gr. and 20 rounds of federal 39 gr. sierra blitz kings, so that i will have some ammo to test out once i get my gun, I have to wait ten days before i can get my gun here in California, which i hate, but it only makes it sweeter once you get the rifle. I don't reload so any suggestions of factory loads would be great and other suggestions.
20-250ai

Post by 20-250ai »

Your going to like that rig. :w00t:
I have the same one. They shoot good and are lite for a varmint, which is nice in the field.
Good luck with yours. :wink:
20-250ai
doubleA

Post by doubleA »

I wish you well with your new rifle, my CZ just doesnt shoot factories good at all, by that I mean the groups are right at an inch or so. With my handloads I get consistant 1/2 moa accuracy with 32gr Sierra's and 40 gr V-Max bullets and AA-2015, Varget & Benchmark. It is certainly a fun and accurate gun to shoot. I would suggest tweaking the trigger as I have found most of them have alot of creep and heavy trigger weight with the regular trigger and you can lighten up the set trigger to 10-12 ozs.

Life is good, Give God the Glory.....doubleA
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Thanks

Post by Vartarg »

for the picture......nice looking rig, and great photo!
Lyn

Post by Lyn »

[img][img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa17 ... G_0371.jpg[/img] I think you will be very happy with your new cz. I have tried the winchester 34gr hps as well as the 32gr and 40gr vmax. My cz really likes the 32gr vmax. Good Luck.[/img]